Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New to our Community? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71607)

missyc77 06-23-2014 06:36 PM

Not a new shopper but new to the forum :) Happy to be here!

Libby Pritchett 06-23-2014 06:40 PM

Welcome! So glad you're here! :)

jodiren 06-23-2014 10:15 PM

Hi! I am still quite new to digital scrapping, going on 2 years. But love it and have even been lucky enough to find myself on some creative teams. I have shopped here often but have not been active in the galleries or forums, hoping to change that. ;)
I am an elementary teacher and mom to a 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl, they star in MANY of my LOs

kristalund 06-23-2014 10:21 PM

Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Libby Pritchett 06-23-2014 10:31 PM

Yay! I love it when we have new members! Welcome welcome! :)

Stephie 06-24-2014 01:37 AM

Hello! I'm kinda new around here!

I am not a stranger to the digital scrap booking community, but it has been along time. Like years. I am looking for inspiration and encouragement to get my daughters 1 year album done....she's 3 now. Her sisters have theirs, and she needs hers. :)

I landed on sweet shoppe because i did a google search for best digital scrapbooking sites (cause I'm so out of the loop) and sweet shoppe was the first I recognized.

So I'm here. :)

I've been married 13 years, and have three daughters. I formally managed a Creative Team, and did a lot of scrap booking. I just need a refresher! I do photography here and there, and work as a director of communication for a ministry. I do all the social media and most of the design work.

carrie1977 06-24-2014 08:25 AM

Welcome Stephie! You've come to the right place!

zakirahzakaria 06-24-2014 08:32 AM

Welcome to the community Stephie! Make yourself right at home. If you need help with anything, feel free to PM me :)

zakirahzakaria 06-24-2014 08:33 AM

Welcome welcome! We're happy to have you here :wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyc77 (Post 1062681023)
Not a new shopper but new to the forum :) Happy to be here!

zakirahzakaria 06-24-2014 08:36 AM

Welcome! There's a lot happening in the community here like the weekly TOTB Challenges, Inspiration Corner, spotlights on the blog (where you can get to know more about other community members and staffs) and so much more. Let us know if you need help! :wub:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodiren (Post 1062681077)
Hi! I am still quite new to digital scrapping, going on 2 years. But love it and have even been lucky enough to find myself on some creative teams. I have shopped here often but have not been active in the galleries or forums, hoping to change that. ;)
I am an elementary teacher and mom to a 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl, they star in MANY of my LOs

enjoyyourpix 06-24-2014 01:48 PM

Hiya! I'm pretty newish here and have posted a few replies. I was going to post a sort of iso but don't have enough permissions yet. Is there an auto # of posts I need or do I need to be "upgraded" :) TIA

:) Kimberly (via TapaTalk on my iPhone)

Lyd 06-24-2014 02:09 PM

Happy to see some new faces popping in! Welcome everyone!

Libby Pritchett 06-24-2014 02:51 PM

So happy to see so many new faces!

I think I've gotten everyone up through here with your forum permissions, so you should be able to jump in and get involved! You may notice that things may still be a little wonky til you have 10 posts. We had to take some spam precautions. But you can leave some love in the gallery and get those 10 posts out of the way quickly, and at that point, you should be good to go! :)

organizedmom 06-24-2014 11:18 PM

Newbie Here :)

Hi there,
I'm not technically new to digital scrapbooking, but just uploaded my first official LO to the gallery, so after getting on a rabbit trail from there I found this thread to post to.

Anyways, for about 4 years I've been scrapping with the Picfolio albums from Creative Memories and have really loved using those albums. I'm not a traditional paper scrapper at all, but putting the photos in the Picfolio albums and then adding coordinating papers, etc. was super easy and rewarding.

HOWEVER, I slowly found some freebies from Shabby Princess a couple of years ago, and have slowly started making more digital inserts for my albums (although not the 12x12 size, never thought I would ever do that!). I have used the previous Creative Memories digital program, and just recently purchased the Artisan program. I also have PSE11 installed on my computer and use it sparingly. The learning curve is just huge for me for PSE11. I've wanted to invest in a Jessica Sprague (sp.?) class or something but am scared to even try!

My favorite things are creating invites, (like for a bridal shower recently), fun gift tags, etc. So I never felt like I truly was a scrapper. Anyways, that's how I got started and I have to say, I really LOVE the Sweet Shoppe for their kits I wanted something like Shabby Princess and didn't think it really existed. Now I'm in love :).

Okay, I think that's it!

Cheers!
Mary

carrie1977 06-25-2014 12:25 AM

Welcome, Mary!!! So glad you've decided to join us!

I use PSE 11, too, so if you need any pointers I'm happy to help. :)

Libby Pritchett 06-25-2014 12:27 AM

Hi Mary!

So glad you found us! I understand the learning curve, for sure, but I promise if you stick with PSE, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! Be sure to check out our tutorials section, and you are always welcome to post for help in the forums if you can't find an answer you're looking for!

zakirahzakaria 06-25-2014 02:57 PM

Welcome, Mary! I agree with Libby about PSE. You can do so much more with it! Do visit the tutorial link that Libby included above. They're very helpful.

If you jeed any help, feel free to post here in the forum. Enjoy!

zakirahzakaria 06-25-2014 02:58 PM

Welcome Kimberly! So happy to have you here with us <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoyyourpix (Post 1062681248)
Hiya! I'm pretty newish here and have posted a few replies. I was going to post a sort of iso but don't have enough permissions yet. Is there an auto # of posts I need or do I need to be "upgraded" :) TIA

organizedmom 06-25-2014 03:20 PM

Thank you ladies! I did look at one tutorial, but will make sure to visit that page again :). Thanks so much!

aurian 06-26-2014 12:56 AM

Hi, I just wanted to pop my head in here and say hello. My name is Rebecca and looking forward to getting involved here a bit more.

I've been into digiscrapping for about five years now and have been heavily influenced by pocket scrapping this year. When I'm not at a laptop I'm busy being a preschool teacher and/or parenting my 3 year-old (expecting a new baby next year). Thanks for reading. :)

carrie1977 06-26-2014 08:32 AM

Hi Rebecca! Welcome!!

jema 06-26-2014 10:12 AM

Hello

Hi! I'm Maureen and I've been digiscrapping for about two years now. I'm really looking forward to the Think Outside the Box challenges.

carrie1977 06-26-2014 10:18 AM

Hey Maureen! Can't wait to see your pages!!

Libby Pritchett 06-26-2014 01:53 PM

HI Rebecca & Maureen! I've got you both fixed up with your forum permissions, so feel free to jump in and get involved! Welcome to SSD!

meejay 06-27-2014 10:28 PM

I just uploaded my first LO over here, so I thought I should say hi!

I've been a digiscrapper since 2008, and have been loving all the stuff from SSD in the Digi Files, so I stopped by during NSD and have really liked playing with my purchases from the designers here. I'm hoping to get more involved in the challenges and such.

I work full time, mommy full time to two, and dream Disney all the time. :) I look forward to 'meeting' you all.

Jaime

carrie1977 06-27-2014 10:50 PM

Hello, Jaime! Glad you've decided to hang out with us!

Libby Pritchett 06-27-2014 11:05 PM

Hi Jaime! Welcome to SSD! I've changed your forum permissions, so you're all set to jump in and join the fun! :)

zakirahzakaria 06-28-2014 11:28 AM

So so happy to see all the new faces! Welcome Rebecca, Maureen & Jaime!

justtrace 06-30-2014 08:35 AM

New to forums!

Hello! My name is Trace and I am new to the SSD forums. I have shopped here many times but never jumped in to chat!

Looking forward to some fun! :)

justtrace 06-30-2014 08:39 AM

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post, so here goes! LOL...

I have been digiscrapping for just under two years. I love it and it has reignited the flame I used to have when I was a paper scrapper long ago. :)

I'm a Canadian gal and am always up for a laugh or two (or three!). I see some familiar faces here. :)

Robin Carlton 06-30-2014 09:04 AM

Hi Trace! I've never met a Canadian I didn't like :) Welcome to SSD!

R

justtrace 06-30-2014 09:24 AM

Thank you Robin!! :) Glad to be here. :)

hslater 07-10-2014 04:54 AM

Ahh I'm guessing this is why my post needed accepting by a moderator (because I included a link!!) :D

Libby Pritchett 07-10-2014 01:25 PM

Yep! You'll probably notice that til you have 10 posts, but you can get those 10 posts super quickly by leaving comments in the gallery. :) We just had an insane number of spammers, so we had to take some extra precautions to keep them from flooding our forums.

hslater 07-10-2014 06:13 PM

Totally understandable :) I love that you would rather this than loads of spam posts in the forum :)

Mullemaus 07-12-2014 05:48 AM

I'm new here too!! I have the same problem as hslater, but now I know how to solve it!! ;)
just off to leave some love at the gallery!!

Libby Pritchett 07-12-2014 11:34 AM

Awesome! Looks like you should both be good to go with no more "approval" issues when you post! Just holler if you need anything else! Welcome to SSD!

parr1983 07-12-2014 06:02 PM

*wave* New over here and tagged along with Ana aka Sugary Fancy <3

Libby Pritchett 07-12-2014 11:33 PM

Hi there!! So glad you found your way over with Ana! Isn't she fab!?! :)

MelanieBritt 07-13-2014 12:58 PM

Hi there, I've never posted, always just been the dreaded "lurker". Looking forward to meeting everyone. :)