Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MIA for awhile (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93853)

bcgal00 03-12-2021 01:16 PM

MIA for awhile

Hey everyone. I miss hanging out lately and just wanted to give you an update on things. Our new pup (10 wks old) has been sick since we got her 2 wks ago and it was touch and go for awhile as her body shut down. After being on IV treatment and oral drugs, her fever is gone, she is eating again and playing with Taz, and has been diagnosed with Giardia. We don’t know if there is more going on with her but the next 2-3 wks of tests and treatment will help determine that. It’s been a nightmare for our little pup. I’m exhausted, up 2-3 times a night with her and she has no elimination control (aside from a few seconds) so I’ve got to be with her constantly to get her out, clean her up and clean the messes in the house. Then at night I don’t really sleep much so am living on coffee and cat naps. Plus, my computer broke which I didn’t really care about anyway b/c I had no time or energy to scrap even if I could. What a crazy time this has been.

I hope that the coming weeks will bring continued good health for Remi, some sleep for me and I can get into a new routine with training/caring for our pup while having some “me” time too.

So if you wondered where I was lately....that’s why.

stephc777 03-12-2021 01:54 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope things will continue to improve for your pup from here on out!

carrie1977 03-12-2021 03:52 PM

Oh goodness...so sorry, Rae...I hope things get better for your pup...and you! :wub:

knittingbec 03-12-2021 04:45 PM

Oh, that sounds rough. I hope they find that's the only problem for your dog & that the solution is in sight!

HeyJude 03-12-2021 05:59 PM

So sorry, Rae! I hope Remi is on the mend and you can get back to some sense of normalcy soon. Definitely take care of yourself, though. Caffeine and cat naps doesn't sound like a good long term mix.

Neverland Scraps 03-12-2021 07:19 PM

I am so so sorry to hear Remi was so sick!! Giardia is awful and something we battled with our own pets. I hope Remi is on the mend and that you are able to find your groove once again! :wub:

joelsgirl 03-12-2021 07:49 PM

Hugs, Rae. That sounds so stressful.

Our lab, Lucy, who was our first pet as a family and is only 7 years old, has been sick for the last month, and we are trying to decide if we should put her down. It's so hard to care for sick pets who have our hearts!

LynnZant 03-12-2021 10:06 PM

Oh no, Rae! What a nightmare! I haven't been sleeping well the last 6-7 weeks myself. And, my kitty was getting sick all over the place for about a week. I think he finally got out what was ailing him--a bunch of artificial needles from our Christmas tree. I guess that was sitting in his gut for a few months. Goodness!

I hope Remi gets better soon, and you get some much needed rest.

JoCee 03-13-2021 05:50 AM

sending love and healing to you and your Remi. hopefully she will continue to mend and be back to herself, and yourself, soon. take the time, get some rest and we look forward to having you back when the time is right xx

jaye 03-13-2021 09:51 AM

Oh Rae, so sorry to hear about your pup. Hope are I recovers soon Anne you get some much needed rest. Sending good thoughts to you.

lovely1m 03-13-2021 11:34 AM

Your poor puppy. That must be so hard.

StacyLynn 03-13-2021 04:21 PM

Oh my! So sad! Prayers for you and your pup!!

lizziej 03-13-2021 04:38 PM

Oh, my goodness! That's a lot to deal with. Poor little puppy! I hope you get some good rest/sleep soon.

bcgal00 03-14-2021 02:37 PM

Thx everyone. Hopefully things will improve and life will settle down over the coming wks. I'll be back :)

rach3975 03-16-2021 03:02 AM

Oh, no! I hope your puppy feels better soon and you can get some sleep. Sleep deprivation is rough!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SweetChar 03-16-2021 06:23 AM

I hope she improves every day and you both get enough rest.
:hugs:

LJSDesigns 03-16-2021 10:42 AM

Poor puppy and poor you. Hope you both feel better soon. :)

craftytam 03-17-2021 02:58 PM

I'm so sorry your pupper hasn't been doing well! I hope she is much better really soon!