Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Purchase without Downloading? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91524)

Sherri Tierney 10-19-2019 10:46 PM

Purchase without Downloading?

Does anyone else purchase with the intention of coming back later to download?

I started to buy a kit from Cheri's retirement sale today. The cart told me I had already purchased it. I searched my hard drive. Nope. Not there. So I started going through my purchase history trying to find it. I found a whole lot of kits that I purchased and never downloaded. :eek:

I'm a little sad because several were kits by Amber Shaw and are no longer available for download. There were some Two Tiny Turtles products that I didn't download either. Dang it!

So PSA: Don't forget to download your purchases!

I'm thankful for the ones I AM still able to download though! I am just frustrated with myself for not downloading these back when I should have!

Neverland Scraps 10-19-2019 11:43 PM

I’m guilty of doing this! While we were moving I would check in on Fridays, make my purchase and run. It wasn’t until we completely unpacked that I went back and downloaded my purchases. I might have done this as well this past weekend?? Yeah. Totally guilty of doing it and am SO thankful links don’t expire, except when it’s a retiring designer.

I’m sorry you lost the products that you purchased and can’t download them. I wish there was something you could do about it :(

Sherri Tierney 10-19-2019 11:55 PM

It's all good! I was able to retrieve way more than I lost! Lesson learned!

Downloading is SLOW sometimes and I'm usually in a rush on the weekends when I shop SSD. More often than not I tell myself I will come back to them. Many that I found that I didn't download were from 2 years ago! That's just crazy!!

knittingbec 10-20-2019 01:58 AM

Yes, I often "buy now, download when I remember later"! Our internet is so slow and unreliable. Sometimes I start downloading when it seems good, but then can only get one or two portions of a kit done before it slows down/fails. And sometimes I run into the "exceeded 5 clicks" issue. It's hard to keep track of what I've started/finished or not yet!
Thanks for the PSA... I need to check to make sure I have downloaded any of her products!

Sherri Tierney 10-20-2019 10:12 AM

When internet is slow at home I've been known to download from work. The network speeds at work are amazing (like 20 times what I get at home on my 'high' speed plan). The problem is that I still need to get them on to my computer at home. I have used thumb drives or uploaded them to my Google Drive on more than one occasion. I still have to download them at home but when I do it that way but it seems to be faster as I unzip and sort things at work.

Kiana 10-20-2019 10:38 AM

No, I'm a download immediately gal. When I sit down to shop, I make sure I have time to download because I know I'd forget to come back.

allyanne 10-20-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062976590)
No, I'm a download immediately gal. When I sit down to shop, I make sure I have time to download because I know I'd forget to come back.

This is me, too. Also, I'm too impatient to look at everything up close, and maybe even use it that day. I have had to go back and re-download things after EHD failures, though, so I love that we can do that.

Neverland Scraps 10-20-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062976591)
This is me, too. Also, I'm too impatient to look at everything up close, and maybe even use it that day. I have had to go back and re-download things after EHD failures, though, so I love that we can do that.

I'm trying to use my purchases right away instead of saving them for a rainy day. The past few weeks, I've been on the ball. But with DSD, I think I've been laxed with scrapping them right away!

Leablahblah 10-20-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Same here! Always buy and download when I have time or I know I will forget. It sucks you didn't get to download some of the retired kits.

Sherri Tierney 10-20-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062976592)
I'm trying to use my purchases right away instead of saving them for a rainy day. The past few weeks, I've been on the ball. But with DSD, I think I've been laxed with scrapping them right away!

I wish I could use things right away. I just haven't had time. First it was that the computer is in the basement and I didn't want to (or couldn't when my knee doesn't cooperate) go down there. Then I got a laptop and started college classes and I have had too much homework to consider scrapping. This semester I have a bit of a break so I'm trying to organize and maybe scrap!

Neverland Scraps 10-20-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney (Post 1062976610)
I wish I could use things right away. I just haven't had time. First it was that the computer is in the basement and I didn't want to (or couldn't when my knee doesn't cooperate) go down there. Then I got a laptop and started college classes and I have had too much homework to consider scrapping. This semester I have a bit of a break so I'm trying to organize and maybe scrap!

I understand that basement! There are days, even now, when I tell my husband "once I put that boy in bed, I won't be able to come back down or make it back up" so I retreat to my room. Stairs. It's nice having a two story but getting up and down some days is really hard. I'm sorry you were having that problem getting on your computer :( I had that trouble when we lived in CO and my office got moved in the basement. But yay for a laptop!! That's pretty awesome and helps you become more mobile. And double-yay for classes!! What are you going to school for? Don't answer if it's too personal! I'm glad you have somewhat of a break and are able to try to get organized in between this break!

nietis 10-21-2019 01:50 AM

If I don't/can't download immediately, I usually put a bookmark for the download link on my chrome bookmark bar, so that I won't forget. ;)

Saar 10-21-2019 02:09 AM

I'm sorry this happened to you ladies!
I try to download immediately, but occasionally it happens that I'm not able to download immediately. When that happens, I keep the e-mail with the download links in my inbox. So whenever I open my mailbox, I got a reminder that I need to download.

lovely1m 10-21-2019 06:52 AM

I am currently attempting to download from slow access so fingers crossed cause I have no other options right now. I try to download right away because I have a terrible memory.

LynnZant 10-21-2019 08:25 AM

I almost always download right away.
I just used my Passport coupon, and I bought a Cindy template that I already have. I didn't notice the cart warning me that I already purchased it, and I couldn't find it as part of a bundle. :( Re-purchasing things is also frustrating!

nietis 10-21-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062976657)
I almost always download right away.
I just used my Passport coupon, and I bought a Cindy template that I already have. I didn't notice the cart warning me that I already purchased it, and I couldn't find it as part of a bundle. :( Re-purchasing things is also frustrating!

I think you can always PM Cindy (or any other involved designer in another case) and explain about it. They are quite understanding most of the time ;)

LynnZant 10-21-2019 11:58 AM

Thanks, Sherly! It was only a single for $1.40, so I'm not going to bother anyone. I'm frustrated with myself for not removing it from my wishlist when I bought it originally. I'm usually pretty good about that.

StacyLynn 10-21-2019 12:42 PM

I really try to download as soon as I buy... but sometimes life gets in the way... I'm always terrified I'll forget!

I have also re-bought kits too... opps.

I just cleaned out my wish list this morning..... hopefully that helps me not re-buy kits!

LeeAndra 10-21-2019 01:59 PM

It has never even occurred to me to not download something as soon as I buy it. Like I've been doing this for almost 17 years & waiting to download later has never even crossed my mind.

:D:D:D

aussiegirl 10-22-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Me too! I know myself too well, to know that if I don't do it then, it won't get done!

amy_hart 10-22-2019 09:43 AM

ugh, I've learned my lesson on this one. Now I only purchase if I have every intention of downloading immediately. Unzipping them is another story....