Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I am hybridly challenged (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56562)

joelsgirl 08-28-2011 12:00 AM

I am hybridly challenged

Anybody else?

I'm trying to make my little hybrid album for the hybrid challenge, and I cannot cut in straight line, not even using a ruler and a razor blade. I'm glad you girls and my kids are the only ones going to see it!

I big puffy heart love digital!

Jengerbread88 08-28-2011 12:24 AM

I can't hybrid to save my life!

jacinda 08-28-2011 01:08 AM

Stick with it Kellie - hybrid rocks! You'll get the hang of it. I love doing hybrid projects. I find a metal ruler is better than a plastic one, if that helps.

MamaBee 08-28-2011 01:57 AM

I squishy heart hybrid, too!! You can do it!!! *shhh* sometimes I get a bit crazy aka impatient with the scissors and it's not perfectly cut either... but kiddo doesn't mind - he is my biggest fan!!! :D

Andrea Gourley 08-28-2011 03:43 AM

I love hybrid too :wub: and some days my stuff goes in the bin because the lines are wonky! that's the best part of hybrid though beacause I just print off another one

Just think of the Mommy points you'll get from kiddo when it's done ;)

cardinalskate 08-28-2011 07:14 AM

I haven't done much (read: any) hybrid because I have a sneaking suspicion that I will totally suck at it. But I LOVE looking at other people's hybrid projects (and wising I could do it). You aren't alone, Kellie!

julifish 08-28-2011 08:53 AM

My secret to hybrid is a Fiskars Paper Trimmer (cuts a straight line every time) and double stick tape. I don't let a little bit of crooked cutting bother me! The kids love the little projects I make for them, their friends and their teachers. No one is going to care if it's perfect. They will just be impressed that you made it...by hand no less. :)

NeverendingJen 08-28-2011 09:10 AM

I just ink or chalk crooked lines to disguise them, lol!

ColleenSwerb 08-28-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverendingJen (Post 866701)
I just ink or chalk crooked lines to disguise them, lol!

This too!!
Let go of the perfection Kellie, it's not worth the stress :)

joelsgirl 08-28-2011 09:21 AM

You know what else? I feel sick every time I have to print something on my printer. I'll never make it as a hybrid kinda gal. I'm sticking to digital!

emmasmommy 08-28-2011 09:35 AM

i am in total awe of hybridy stuffs but i'm the same. me and scissor and glue = no bueno.

Giseli Freitas 08-28-2011 10:25 AM

I'm challenged too. :crying: I *HEART* hybrid, don't get me wrong. It's just everything I try to do looks so 'wonked', you know? The best part of it is the amount of papers, glues, rulers, blades, tools... I'm collecting. Crazy! :D

MommaTrish 08-28-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalskate (Post 866681)
I haven't done much (read: any) hybrid because I have a sneaking suspicion that I will totally suck at it. But I LOVE looking at other people's hybrid projects (and wising I could do it). You aren't alone, Kellie!

lmao. ^that, exactly.

tanyiadeskins 08-28-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julifish (Post 866697)
My secret to hybrid is a Fiskars Paper Trimmer (cuts a straight line every time) and double stick tape. I don't let a little bit of crooked cutting bother me! The kids love the little projects I make for them, their friends and their teachers. No one is going to care if it's perfect. They will just be impressed that you made it...by hand no less. :)

THIS! lol I can not cut or sew a straight line to save my life...so frustrating!

misfitinmn 08-28-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 866704)
You know what else? I feel sick every time I have to print something on my printer. I'll never make it as a hybrid kinda gal. I'm sticking to digital!

This is me, for sure! I love looking at everyone's hybrid creations, but I don't think I'll be much of a hybrid gal anytime soon!

Nettio 08-28-2011 01:07 PM

See I think I'm weird because I love the perfectly imperfectness of hybrid and paper. With digital I spend so much time changing my mind and moving random bits around simply because I can. But with paper/hybrid I know by the very nature of the medium it's never going to be as perfect as digital so it's a lot less pressure for me.

JenTapler 08-28-2011 01:29 PM

This is funny because as a hybrid girl who struggles so much with my digi layouts and probably couldn't even do one without a template, I'm completely and totally in awe of all your digital amazingness!! I am digi-challenged! Hybrid comes so much easier to me, but I have no desire to go back to traditional albums and layouts (I want my albums to be digi), so I still have to struggle through making a digi layout to get my albums done for memory-keeping purposes. But I'm way more comfortable whipping up a card or altered project or fun little mini album - I just feel like I have so much more control when I'm working with my hands and physical STUFF! But I'd love to have one tenth of your digi abilities - would make my scrapping so much less stressful (and probably a lot faster!!).

livelys 08-28-2011 02:03 PM

I *heart* hybrid too - the minute I introduce a photo & journalling, I loose all creativity, and I totally suck at creating my own LO's :)

I use a metal ruler & craft knife, like Jacinda - but Lynette's right: embrace the imperfection & learn to love the wonky lines, stitching, & remember torn edges are always popular - I bet you use digi ones all the time!