Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Oops!! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90312)

ashersmommy 02-13-2019 06:42 PM

Oops!!

When you buy a kit in the store and realize you already have it. :blink: :( This is why I need to organize my kits better. :P

Kiana 02-13-2019 07:29 PM

Yup been there. The store is supposed to alert you when it's in your cart that you have already purchased it.

bcgal00 02-13-2019 07:42 PM

Been there, done that LOL!

lorigaud 02-13-2019 07:44 PM

I hate when that happens.....

icindi 02-13-2019 07:51 PM

Oh I've done it too, more than once. I think I've gotten the bundle and then kits or vice versa. I've been notified I have the item so many times, but it doesn't seem to always catch it. Sorry!

Neverland Scraps 02-13-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ (Post 1062947149)
Yup been there. The store is supposed to alert you when it's in your cart that you have already purchased it.

I have found that if I buy the bundle, it won't alert me that I've bought a piece or pieces individually. The same is true if I've purchased a piece or pieces of a collection, it won't alert me when I buy the bundle.

I'm not sure, but you could try using the Contact Us in the store to see if Robin would refund you the double-purchase. But make sure you include both order numbers so there's proof you bought it twice. I'm not making any promises that she'll refund the money. It's just something that I've done in the past when I've double-purchased a product (not affiliated with SSD)

littlekiwi 02-14-2019 05:32 AM

Been there, done that too many times. I also get caught out with bundles too

Saar 02-14-2019 06:09 AM

When I was a customer, I always made sure my wishlist was up to date.
I always added my 'to buy' kits/bundles to the wishlist on the weekend they were released and deletet them when I actually bought them.

biancka 02-14-2019 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashersmommy (Post 1062947146)
When you buy a kit in the store and realize you already have it. :blink: :( This is why I need to organize my kits better. :P

Since I use the software my husband created for me (digiscrap catalog), that doesn't happen to me anymore. Believe me, I bought a few items even 3 times......guess I really liked that kit then ;)

LJSDesigns 02-14-2019 08:02 AM

I have all my zips organized by designer, so I always do a search in that file for the product name before I buy anything. It usually works for me.

Gemma 02-14-2019 08:24 AM

I did it in October then December last year, I guess I liked the unicorns that much that I needed to buy it twice. It's the bundles/kits that gets me because the first I bought was a bundle, then the kit a few weeks later!

jen104 02-14-2019 09:31 AM

Before I buy something from my wish list that I'm not sure I didn't already get, I go to the shoppe and add both the bundle and the kit to my cart to see if I might have already purchased one or the other. Since doing that, I haven't made any more double purchases.

craftytam 02-14-2019 12:00 PM

My supplies are very organized, but I've done that, too! :p

https://media.giphy.com/media/xivTyxTElh2F2/giphy.gif

lizziej 02-14-2019 11:43 PM

I've done that at least once, and it's usually because I only bought part of a bundle or collection.

jacinda 02-15-2019 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen104 (Post 1062947284)
Before I buy something from my wish list that I'm not sure I didn't already get, I go to the shoppe and add both the bundle and the kit to my cart to see if I might have already purchased one or the other. Since doing that, I haven't made any more double purchases.

Clever thinking!

knittingbec 02-15-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Before I buy something from my wish list that I'm not sure I didn't already get, I go to the shoppe and add both the bundle and the kit to my cart to see if I might have already purchased one or the other. .

This is what I do, too! I try to stay on top of downloading/extracting/moving (but right now I'm behind) and I save them to folders by designer so I usually know just where to go for a quick check, but for peace of mind, I almost always add kit + bundle to cart just in case.....and then make sure I delete one ;)

AmieN1 02-15-2019 02:36 PM

Yep! Hate it when that happens!

The other time I've done that is when a designer switches stores- I'm obviously a fan if I buy it twice from 2 different places! lol!

craftytam 02-15-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmieN1 (Post 1062947604)
Yep! Hate it when that happens!

The other time I've done that is when a designer switches stores- I'm obviously a fan if I buy it twice from 2 different places! lol!

LOL! Definitely, Amie!! You get the title "Super Fan" :D

ashersmommy 02-25-2019 11:46 AM

It didn't flag me for some reason and I bought the exact same kit, not the bundle. It's kind of funny because I bought it in February of last year and then about a year and one month later in Febraury of this year. :P

Neverland Scraps 02-25-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

That's genius! I always search my stash first and then buy, but sometimes if it's a collab, it's in the other designer's folder or I overlook it somehow. This is genius and I will be doing that from here on out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashersmommy (Post 1062949644)
It didn't flag me for some reason and I bought the exact same kit, not the bundle. It's kind of funny because I bought it in February of last year and then about a year and one month later in February of this year. :P

If it didn't flag you, it's possible it was pulled from the store because the designer retired (Melissa B retired and came back), or the designer pulled products/collabs from their store and got the green light to add them back in the store.

Since it was the exact same kit, I'd use the contact us form in the store and explain that you bought the exact same item, but the store didn't flag your purchase. I've done this at a different store when the designer changed their name to their real name. The store didn't flag my purchases, but I did indeed buy it before. They were able to refund my purchases.