Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Oldies but Goodies (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90081)

scrappy.jen 01-08-2019 02:36 PM

Oldies but Goodies

Just when I’m able to exercise self-control to not buy more kits, here comes another opportunity! Lol

How do you keep from buying every kit that you like - especially when there are such good deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

littlekiwi 01-08-2019 02:40 PM

it’s hard, I caved today

knittingbec 01-08-2019 02:46 PM

I don't ;)

Neverland Scraps 01-08-2019 03:32 PM

My bank account tells me when I can and cannot purchase. Being an adult stinks ��

littlekiwi 01-08-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062941686)
My bank account tells me when I can and cannot purchase. Being an adult stinks ��

and in my case also the exchange rate. Right now $1NZD is only worth just under $0.65USD so buying anything hurts and has done for quite awhile, it’s been a long time since the difference was only 20%

karlimarie 01-08-2019 05:34 PM

So hard. I made some less than responsible choice last year that have caught up with me this year, so I try to keep that in mind! While memory keeping is an amazing legacy and gift to my family and to myself, ultimately it’s just a hobby and I need to treat it as such. I also try to think optimistically... maybe by next Black Friday I’ll be rich and have a huge budget and I’ll be able to splurge again! Haha.

ellasspace 01-08-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlmurrell (Post 1062941673)
Just when I’m able to exercise self-control to not buy more kits, here comes another opportunity! Lol

How do you keep from buying every kit that you like - especially when there are such good deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

;) I dont :D I just buy them all LOL

karlimarie 01-08-2019 05:57 PM

Also, I try to participate in challenges and during big events like DSD and iNSD, sometimes you get lucky and win a product or a gift certificate, it’s a nice perk to have when the budget gets tight!

Kiana 01-08-2019 07:58 PM

I am like Wendy. Being an adult sucks....
lol

That being said, if it's a kit on my wishlist already then I'm more likely to grab it during Oldies but Goodies since the deal is awesome. But I try to wait until DSD and Black Friday sales.

craftytam 01-08-2019 08:34 PM

Sometimes being on a budget and adulting stink. LOL! There's a kit for that! :w00t:
I really try to grab as many as possible during the Oldies but Goodies & Featured Designer sales, and then with my Bingo (or new Passport) discount. That makes me feel better because I'm getting more for my money. :thumbup:

kelley 01-08-2019 09:08 PM

The only thing that keeps me from buying the things I want is not having enough $$ to do so LOL! :P It's very hard to refrain if I do have funds available, especially if I've used all the kits I've previously bought...

Kitartas 01-08-2019 11:34 PM

Oldies but goodies sale is such a good price - i usually buy if it's something I think i'll use, I'm lucky this time because there are 2 on there that have been on my wish list for a while :D

Sherri Tierney 01-13-2019 03:55 PM

I window shop a lot. I put everything in my cart. Then I start weeding out what I can't live without. I end up not purchasing things a lot because I realize I have something else that will work. Its the whole adulting thing... I work 9 months a year and have to save so that those other 3 months are covered.

craftytam 01-13-2019 04:05 PM

I totally blew it this week on the OBG sale! LOL!! I spent quite a bit of time culling and then got distracted and forgot to buy before time was up.
I just have to laugh at myself! :D

allyanne 01-13-2019 05:41 PM

Lol, Tammy, I’ve done that more than a few times!

Neverland Scraps 01-13-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlekiwi (Post 1062941689)
and in my case also the exchange rate. Right now $1NZD is only worth just under $0.65USD so buying anything hurts and has done for quite awhile, it’s been a long time since the difference was only 20%

I never thought about the exchange rate and how that affects people when they purchase. I had no idea it was quite a difference from there to here :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062942263)
I totally blew it this week on the OBG sale! LOL!! I spent quite a bit of time culling and then got distracted and forgot to buy before time was up.
I just have to laugh at myself! :D

Sadly with everything going on this past week, I completely forgot about the sale! Maybe that's a good way to NOT buy the oldies but goodies--being forgetful! :unsure:

craftytam 01-13-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062942274)
Lol, Tammy, I’ve done that more than a few times!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! LOL! :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062942275)
Sadly with everything going on this past week, I completely forgot about the sale! Maybe that's a good way to NOT buy the oldies but goodies--being forgetful! :unsure:

I don't blame you, Wendy! You had quite a week!! :wub: LOL! Yes, sometimes "life" helps keep you on a budget :D

JennNtheBoys 01-13-2019 08:12 PM

I try not to buy anything I know I can't use right away.... so I always think of the photos I have to scrap and no matter how cute a kit is, if it doesn't fit any of my photos, I don't buy it (but it does go in my ever growing wishlist just in case). :)