Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Upcoming TV Season - what are you waiting for? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65972)

Darcy Baldwin 08-15-2012 07:19 PM

Upcoming TV Season - what are you waiting for?

Revolution is our new to us show for this year. There really isn't anything that we've been watching that we're so excited about (well, watching NCIS on TNT or TBS or whatever channel that is since we're a season behind on it).

oh! And the Justin Warner/Alton Brown produced cooking show on Food Network :p

'course we're waiting for Doctor Who, but that's a given :)

Nikki Epperson 08-15-2012 07:36 PM

Supernatural
Grey's Anatomy
Big Bang Theory

I know there are more, but so many of my shows were cancelled that I don't want to get hooked anymore!

Beebo 08-15-2012 07:39 PM

Hawaii 5-0
NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles
all the CSI's
Person of Interest

tanyiadeskins 08-15-2012 07:45 PM

I want to see if The Mindy Project is as funny as it seems (I think that is what it is called)
also the one with the little girl and her mom and the brother moves in... forget that name too lol
and I liked the sneak of Go On,

as for previous shows I am waiting for

New Girl

Nikki Epperson 08-15-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beebo (Post 1024613)
all the CSI's

I forgot these. We watch Miami and the original.

jessica31876 08-15-2012 07:57 PM

Criminal Minds, CSI Miami, Vegas, Hawaii 5-0...probably more.

kscwgirl 08-15-2012 07:58 PM

Go On so far.. I wanted to love Animal Practice but the preview I saw wasn't great.. hoping it is better. um.. DWTS and NCIS and that's about it.

tsbegley 08-15-2012 07:58 PM

I am such a rerun kind of girl because I hate getting sucked into a series and then having to wait each week to watch it and then it going off over the summer. Blah, blah, blah.

I mostly watch reruns of Golden Girls and Law & Order. :p

But, I did see a preview of "Men With Kids" and that looks pretty funny......like something I could watch with my husband and it would be funny to both of us. It's produced by Jimmy Fallon so hopefully it will stay funny and they haven't already shown all the funny previews.

Lindsay 08-15-2012 08:03 PM

My usuals - The Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, New Girl, Glee. I'm going to try to convince DH that we NEED Showtime so I can watch Dexter.

New show I'm looking forward to is Elementary.

Rubia Padilha 08-15-2012 08:05 PM

I miss all my series!!! I was talking now with Di about Downton!
Revolution? I don't know if I know this...

pewtertm 08-15-2012 08:08 PM

CSI Miami was cancelled, so Criminal Minds is probably it for network TV at our house.

Revolution is a maybe...it looks like it COULD be really good, so hopefully NBC doesn't screw it up. LOL

Laura_A 08-15-2012 08:15 PM

CSI
Criminal Minds
Grimm (started Monday)

carriesmom 08-15-2012 08:16 PM

Doctor Who!!!

Rubia Padilha 08-15-2012 08:16 PM

Revolution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI in case anyone else want to see. Now I'm interested! heheh

crecia27 08-15-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubia Padilha (Post 1024635)
Revolution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI in case anyone else want to see. Now I'm interested! heheh

Oh that looks GOOD!!

We watch both NCIS, Person of Interest, and I'm really looking forward to Downton Abby, The Mentalist (though I'm afraid the Sunday night time will be it's downfall) and Criminal Minds.

lauracw 08-15-2012 08:38 PM

Glee and New Girl!! Glee especially, I love that show!

tettletop20 08-15-2012 08:38 PM

I have to say that I am not as up to date on any new shows coming out this coming season as all of you are, however, one of my best friends writes a fairly new blog where she predicts the amount of seasons the show will last, and reasons why, etc., and I follow it. It is really entertaining.

She mentions a lot of the shows you have been talking about here.

One that she has blogged about was 666 Park Avenue on ABC. It looks like something I may like.

In case anyone is interested her blog is here: http://bottleepisodes.wordpress.com/

Jen22 08-15-2012 08:42 PM

New shows: Revolution & Go On both look great! Can't wait!

Returning shows...
Once Upon A Time
Supernatural
Grey's Anatomy
Walking Dead
Vampire Diaries
Glee
Bones

That's all I can think of :)

Julie Billingsley 08-15-2012 08:57 PM

So nobody is looking forward to Elementary based off Sherlock Holmes? I saw a "preview" of it at the movie theater and was intrigued.

Sarah8914 08-15-2012 08:59 PM

The Mentalist and Castle... that's really all I watch (we don't have cable).
Oh, and Dancing with the Stars this season! I'm excited for that!

Although, if The Mentalist is really moving to Sundays, we won't watch it, and that makes me really sad.

Oh, I am a little interested in Elementary just because the lead was in Emma and I absolutely LOVE that movie.

kelley 08-15-2012 09:00 PM

My faves are Grey's and Dancing with the Stars. I have been limited because we only have Hulu, not cable. BUT, I am getting us hooked up to Direct TV in September. Now that FOX is making us wait a week to watch a new episode on Hulu, DH finally agrees that we "need" it. I have wanted it for a while now just because there is nowhere else I can watch food network, HGTV, or TLC. Love those channels and miss them a ton. There are going to be quite a few shows on my list once I get that.

Darcy Baldwin 08-15-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley (Post 1024655)
So nobody is looking forward to Elementary based off Sherlock Holmes? I saw a "preview" of it at the movie theater and was intrigued.

Nope, honestly, as much as I like Sherlock - I want to stick with the good ones LOL American TV has such a bad habit of really mucking up good British Television :w00t: :p However, I can't say I won't watch it, just not looking forward to it the way I will be Sherlock when it starts airing again.

maryinaz 08-15-2012 09:45 PM

Well, most of the shows I watched last season got canceled. :p So I'm hesitant to start another new one, but I'm interested in Revolution.

I'll be looking forward to Survivor (not sure when that comes on though) and the next season of Top Shot.

And then I think I will stick with catching up with previous seasons on Netflix so I don't get my feelings hurt when a new shoe is canceled again. ;)

YepBrook 08-15-2012 10:11 PM

New Ones:
Revolution (looks good!)
Maybe 666 Park?

Old Ones:
Grey's
New Girl
Walking Dead
Dexter
Survivor (DH's fave)

breakingbrie 08-15-2012 10:28 PM

I'm def going to be checking out Revolution. Looking forward to Once Upon a Time, Walking Dead, and Homeland. Might check out 666, and Chicago Fire.

Lindsay 08-15-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley (Post 1024655)

Me!! I'm a Jonny Lee Miller fan so this is on my must watch. Don't get BBC America so never seen Sherlock.

rach3975 08-15-2012 10:29 PM

The only 2 I was watching were Grey's and Glee, but I fell way behind this season and am now waiting for them to come to Netflix so I can catch up.

DH and I are looking for a show to watch together. I tried to sell him on Revolution, but no luck. I haven't decided if I'll watch it on my own. It looks good, but I have a bad track record. Generally I'd rather watch a season back to back over a week than tune in weekly, so I may choose a few for myself through Netflix (Parenthood and some completed shows) rather than pick new ones on tv.

hollyxann 08-15-2012 10:43 PM

TV junkie right here! I love me some fall TV. lol
So here's my can't wait list:

-American Horror Story: Asylum
-Bones
-Glee
-CSI
-Criminal Minds
-Scandel

Possible new ones I'd like to watch
-666 Park Avenue
-Elementary
-The Mob Doctor
-Nashville
-Revolution

DawnMarch 08-15-2012 11:28 PM

New Girl
Walking Dead
Once Upon a Time

mujsyd 08-15-2012 11:34 PM

Walking Dead
American Horror Story
Dexter

and can't miss Survivor ... been watching since season one

Pretty morbid, huh? We're really a pretty normal family, I promise :)

~ Leanne

Jennilyn 08-15-2012 11:38 PM

We watch WAY too much TV. Here are the ones that we watch that are upcoming, which means the list doesn't include what has already started...ugh! Oh, and I added the start dates so I wouldn't miss any premieres. :)

Aug.23 - Glee
Sept.17 - Revolution
Sept.19 - Survivor
Sept.24 - How I Met Your Mother
Sept.24 - Mike & Molly
Sept.24 - Hawaii Five O
Sept.24 - 2 Broke Girls
Sept.24 - Castle
Sept.25 - New Girl
Sept.25 - Private Practice
Sept.26 - CSI
Sept.26 - Modern Family
Sept.26 - Criminal Minds
Sept.27 - Grey's Anatomy
Sept.27 - Two & a Half Men
Sept.27 - Big Bang Theory
Sept.27 - Person of Interest
Sept.28 - CSI: NY
Sept.28 - Fringe
Sept.30 - Dexter
Sept.30 - The Mentalist
Sept.30 - Revenge
Oct.3 - Supernatural
Oct.9 - Dr.Horrible
Oct.11 - The Vampire Diaries
Oct.14 - The Walking Dead
Oct. - American Horror Story: Asylum
? - Biggest Loser
? - Cougartown (was cancelled but might be picked up by TBS)

mujsyd 08-15-2012 11:41 PM

Oh my gosh Jennilyn ... you almost have a spreadsheet ... I'm so impressed ... LOVE IT!

~ Leanne

nesser1981 08-15-2012 11:48 PM

American Horror Story, DWTS, Castle, those are really the only ones I'm really excited for. We watch a bunch of other ones.

Lindsay 08-16-2012 12:00 AM

Oh, American Horror Story...forgot that one! Adam Levine lovers, he's supposed to be on the show at some point this season!

ZaCola3 08-16-2012 01:22 AM

My DVR will record Glee...that is about the only new TV I'll watch till cable starts their seasons...
Then my roster will be full-Dallas, Franklin & Bash, Rizzoli and Isles, Madmen...
I love all the CSI's (I'm sad Miami got cancelled) and NCIS, but I catch reuns on cable...

Traci Reed 08-16-2012 01:27 AM

I'm still debating on whether or not to pick up showtime to watch Dexter or to wait till it's on DVD....we LOVE Dexter and last season was the best cliffhanger EVER. I also really liked Homeland...

I have a ton of shows that record, but I'm most excited for Sons of Anarchy, New Girl, American Horror Story, Fringe....aaaaah!! My favorite time of year is the fall for SO MANY reasons, not the least of which are all my stories coming back!

FireWolf 08-16-2012 02:17 AM

Returning shows:
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Person of Interest
Revenge
NCIS (both)
Criminal Minds
Fringe
Castle
The Mentalist
Grey's Anatomy
Private Practice
2 Broke Girls

New shows:
Arrow
Emily Owens MD(looks funny, so I'll try it)
Partners (I love David Krumholz)
The Mob Doctor (looks interesting)
Revolution
Last Resort

mariewilcox 08-16-2012 05:56 AM

Grey's, Revenge, and Scandal. I really don't watch a lot of TV and those I actually never watch on the night they come on but later in the week when I have time to watch them.

nikkiARNGwife 08-16-2012 06:58 AM

The Walking Dead
Fringe
Supernatural
Survivor
Person of Interest
Once Upon a Time
Boardwalk Empire
Homeland

I haven't really heard of any new shows I'm interested in. Maybe Revolution but I'm not going to watch it until it's been picked up for a 2nd season b/c I'm so tired of getting interested in shows that get canceled.

Stacey42 08-16-2012 08:06 AM

We're waiting on Castle, Big Bang Theory and Dr Who. Our other shows - Top Gear, Futurama & Warehouse 13 - have all recently started their seasons.

Nothing new has really caught our eye. We'll probably catch a couple episodes of Revolution when it starts but that's it.

crecia27 08-16-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah8914 (Post 1024657)
Oh, and Dancing with the Stars this season! I'm excited for that!

Although, if The Mentalist is really moving to Sundays, we won't watch it, and that makes me really sad.

I forgot about DWTS, I'll be watching this season since Emmitt will be on again.

davec777 08-16-2012 10:05 AM

I'm looking forward to Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Mentalist, Castle & New Girl. Hopefully they will all be good this year!

Stephanie

neenee 08-16-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennilyn (Post 1024717)
We watch WAY too much TV. Here are the ones that we watch that are upcoming, which means the list doesn't include what has already started...ugh! Oh, and I added the start dates so I wouldn't miss any premieres. :)

Um...wow! Thank you for this list! You saved me looking them up.

We watch:
Bones
Modern Family
Sons of Anarchy
How I Met Your Mother

I have heard New Girl is hilarious so I want to start watching it.

Darcy Baldwin 08-16-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakingbrie (Post 1024691)
I'm def going to be checking out Revolution. Looking forward to Once Upon a Time, Walking Dead, and Homeland. Might check out 666, and Chicago Fire.

OH! How could I have forgotten Walking Dead!????? Bad fan...bad fan! :D

Jen22 08-16-2012 02:37 PM

Oh how could I forget Fringe!! I just watched the whole series (for the first time) over the summer, so I'm way excited for the final season! :D

Darcy Baldwin 08-16-2012 02:43 PM

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/emily-owens-md

This might be really cute :D

aly321 08-16-2012 03:21 PM

I love Biggest Loser, Castle, Parenthood, and Revenge. I am so looking forward to some of my favorites to be back on! ♥

Lizzy257 08-16-2012 03:35 PM

Greys, Revenge, Vampire Diaries. Can't think of anything else right now that I'm waiting for. Will have to check out some of the new stuff and see if any of it will be worth watching.

Darcy Baldwin 08-16-2012 03:36 PM

Lizzy - what's new in the UK coming that you're excited about? (Cause we might end up seeing it on BBC America or PBS), besides Downton and Sherlock and Doctor Who.

nikkiARNGwife 08-17-2012 07:12 AM

Darcy have you seen the previews for this?....

http://www.bbcamerica.com/copper/vid...eries-trailer/

I just read about it in EW last night and they gave it pretty good reviews. The first episode airs Sunday night :)