Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSE7...should I? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22646)

heatherdumas 01-25-2009 10:15 AM

PSE7...should I?

I just got an email from Snapfish offering Elements 7 for $49.99. I was contemplating buying it a few months back. I currently have Elements 4. Can you tell me if there is any dramatic difference between 4 and 7? What can it do for me that 4 can't?

tkelley 01-25-2009 10:29 AM

hmm...I'm not sure, but I have 5 and would be intrested to find out myself. Is that a snapfish offer open to public? or just for you?

heatherdumas 01-25-2009 11:04 AM

I think it is for all customers. Just make a snapfish account. It is easy to upload pictures. PM me your email and I will invite you. The prices are reasonable. You can pick up your pictures at Walgreens I think, or you can have them shipped.

my4boys 01-25-2009 11:15 AM

I was using PSE5 and upgraded to 7 and LOOOOOOVE it, it is really easy to use and I think you get a bit more with it. For that price I would say go for it, I paid $80 for mine but I got it at Costco and it comes with tuts and a online membership with 2GB of online storage and a few other things.

dover6473 01-25-2009 12:14 PM

i couldnt resist, as soon as i seen this post i went and purchased this!:thumbup:

SamaraGugler 01-25-2009 12:28 PM

Go for it!!! Personally I use CS4, but have considered getting PSE7 for the simple fact that it's a little simpler and I love the interface. :)

Adding actions and layer styles is a PITA however this is code that you can get that adds them to the right place without hassle. Let me see if I can find it.

SamaraGugler 01-25-2009 12:30 PM

Here you go:

Add-o-matic

junebug 01-25-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamaraGugler (Post 358760)
Here you go:

Add-o-matic

omg. i must have that! i love actions but it take me forever to install them!! and i want PSE 7 too (i have 6)

CA Dreamer 01-25-2009 01:19 PM

YES!!! PSE 7 has a ton of goodies that 4 and 5 did not. And, that is a great price!

heatherdumas 01-25-2009 02:24 PM

Does everyone have a snapfish account? I think I will waut until I have done my homework for school before I do it. Because I know me, and I will get sucked into the black hole that is my laptop. I lose all of my time there.

jorgies5 01-25-2009 09:12 PM

I got PSE 7 for Christmas and was previously using PSE 4. I was worried that it was going to be a difficult transition, but it was very smooth. I also purchased Add-O-Matic to install my actions and I am so glad I did. It took me 10 minutes. There are a few things I am still trying to figure out, but that is mainly because I am lazy and haven't opened the training CD that came with it. The one difference that I really like is I can now change the color of my drop shadow.

heatherdumas 01-25-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgies5 (Post 359239)
I got PSE 7 for Christmas and was previously using PSE 4. I was worried that it was going to be a difficult transition, but it was very smooth. I also purchased Add-O-Matic to install my actions and I am so glad I did. It took me 10 minutes. There are a few things I am still trying to figure out, but that is mainly because I am lazy and haven't opened the training CD that came with it. The one difference that I really like is I can now change the color of my drop shadow.

Well, that does sound nifty! Hmmmmm.