Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Finally entered the Star Wars World! (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14368)

gracielou 08-30-2008 10:31 PM

Finally entered the Star Wars World!

OK I admit it I had never seen Star Wars until last night. My 7 year old daughter is nuts about it. She has a video game for her Nintendo DS and she keeps telling me all about Star Wars from that little game. Well, my husband takes our 2 oldest to rent movies last night and they come home with Star Wars 3 of the new series. It was the only one rated G so that is the one they got. I sat down to watch it and at first I was so lost and really was wishing I was doing something else but by the middle of the movie I was so hooked!!!

Oh My Goodness. Now I have to go rent every single one of them because I want to see them all. WooHoo can't wait to watch them!!!

tracey 08-30-2008 10:58 PM

Star Wars Rocks!! You must get the old ones! Fantastic movies!!

Becca Bonneville 08-30-2008 10:58 PM

LOL! Welcome to the darkside! LOL! I love Star Wars! We own them all! LOL!!

Libby Pritchett 08-30-2008 11:00 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I've never seen any of them either.

LibbysMommy 08-30-2008 11:02 PM

That's actually something I haven't been able to get into. My DH LOVES loves loves Star Wars!! I think I've seen only one of them and I think it was the last one. I'm sure I'd like them if I just gave them a chance :)

lauren grier 08-30-2008 11:04 PM

I can't believe there are people who have never seen star wars (LOL well I mean I can... :D :D it's just crazy talk to me LMAO) Growing up.. my brother and I seriously watched the original star wars repeatedly.. so much that we ruined the tapes.. LOL

lizzyfizzy 08-30-2008 11:08 PM

ahahahahaha!! i am nutso over star wars...my dad loved em so i grew up loving them. when i was a little girl i remember praying and asking God to please please please ask george lukas to make the 1st, 2nd and 3rd episodes so i could see what darth vader looked like before the dark side took him over. :D:D:D lol...i'm a nerd. i also used to pray that and that God would make my barbies come to life...i wanted to play with REAL little people. LOL!

welcome to uber-nerdom. may the force be with you.

gracielou 08-30-2008 11:08 PM

You must watch them if you haven't seen them. I honestly thought I would never like them but after last night I am soooooo hooked!

Julie Billingsley 08-30-2008 11:15 PM

okay, this really makes me look old but I went to Star Wars (SW: A New Hope, aka episode 4) the week it debuted. I was 6 years old and my babysitter took me! I remember waiting in line for like 4 hours!!! It was crazy! :) I fell in love with the series then and have seen them all many times. I need to do a Star Wars weekend and watch them all in order... I've never done that.

Tracie Stroud 08-30-2008 11:20 PM

oh my gosh, I didn't know there were actually people who had never seen them! SW RAWKS!!! lol

Kat Stokes 08-30-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauren grier (Post 216899)
I can't believe there are people who have never seen star wars (LOL well I mean I can... :D :D it's just crazy talk to me LMAO) Growing up.. my brother and I seriously watched the original star wars repeatedly.. so much that we ruined the tapes.. LOL

LOL La! Me either! We are on our second round of DVD's they have been watched so much AND ds1 has worn out the vcr tapes that we had before they were on DVD's! LOL!!! Although, I think we are pretty much done with SW until ds2 is old enough to start watching them.

meems 08-31-2008 12:05 AM

I just recently learned that my DH has never seen Star Wars. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't really care for them either. :unsure:

I have to admit though after seeing the one with Jar Jar Binks (sp?) I have not gone to see any of the others.

scarletsierra 08-31-2008 12:10 AM

Oh I'm so glad you watched and enjoyed! I love Star Wars!

rochelle789 08-31-2008 12:47 AM

For real? I love Star Wars, so I'm always surprised that people haven't seen them. What a great movie series.

Tracey is right. You must get the original 3 - they're the best!

nikkiARNGwife 08-31-2008 07:50 AM

Wait....what??? there are people in this world who have never seen star wars? The old ones are the best..the new ones..not so much. If star wars is on any channel at any point during the day DH will watch it. it drives me nuts lol

newfiemountiewife 08-31-2008 07:54 AM

I thought everyone had seen Star Wars :D

scrappinsweetie 08-31-2008 10:22 AM

oh man, gabe is TOTALLY nuts over star wars. we took him to see the cartoon and his response to it was " that was totally entertaining we need to watch it again" LOL!!! we have every single one dvr'd since the spike channel on satellite regularly runs star wars marathons. fact is i think he is going to be darth vader for halloween since he has the mask, cape, and light saber already...i tell ya he is a star wars nut

scrapmonkey 08-31-2008 03:45 PM

My husband had never seen Star Wars until he was married to me (he was only 2 when the first one came out) - I made him watch them and he enjoyed them. I have to say though, Episode I is the worst one of the bunch - that's the one where JarJar Binks is introduced - so if that was the one you saw, try a different one. The original ones are the best, hands down. Those and Episode III. I of course have all of them on DVD (though I haven't watched Episode I's DVD yet), including the special collector's edition pack of Episodes IV-VI. LOVE them.
Now I just have to get my DH to watch Indiana Jones movies (he's never seen any of them either)....{sigh}

Brooke W 08-31-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meems (Post 216937)
I just recently learned that my DH has never seen Star Wars. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't really care for them either. :unsure:

I have to admit though after seeing the one with Jar Jar Binks (sp?) I have not gone to see any of the others.

Meems, that one sucks,lol. It is SO unlike the original 3, which are called episodes 4-6. The prequels are just not up to them, imo. I've seen them all.

And people, quit saying you feel old when saying you saw them when you were like, 6,lol. I was in my early 20s when the first one came out :p

Voodoo_Bryn 08-31-2008 04:34 PM

Liz to the Fizz... you must come to Celebration with me one year... we have so much fun!!!
I'm probably the biggest Star Wars nerd there is... my favorite game of all time is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic... so much so, I have a whole series of fan fiction I've written about it. It's totally disgusting.

I'm a little disappointed you started with Revenge of the Sith, New Hope is the first, it's from 1977, though, so you might be a little taken aback by it's age now. And you'll never get to see Han shoot first. (it's been re-edited, to it's detriment) </3

Hayden Christiansen is a huge joke in the Star Wars community, he's the worst version of Anakin we could have thought possible. I read the novels and the comic books and play the games, and dress my poor child in Chewbacca costumes... that's my level of nerdiness.

We go to conventions. Conventions.

meems 08-31-2008 04:34 PM

oh i should clarify . . . I have seen the originals. my work cubicle was decorated in an R2-D2 theme :D. but have not seen the new ones. maybe I will netflix them.

DD is very afraid of Yoda after seeing him on a bag of McD apple dippers.