Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Project Life Question (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89828)

karlimarie 11-18-2018 05:47 PM

Project Life Question

Those who do Project Life or weekly layouts, how do your weeks run? Do you do like Sunday through Saturday, or the 1-7, 8-14, 15-21... what happens when the month overlaps into the next month?

I know this seems trivial, but I’m curious how everyone tackles this.

ChristineF 11-18-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlimarie (Post 1062935898)
Those who do Project Life or weekly layouts, how do your weeks run? Do you do like Sunday through Saturday, or the 1-7, 8-14, 15-21... what happens when the month overlaps into the next month?

I know this seems trivial, but I’m curious how everyone tackles this.

I do weeks mon-sun and if the year end on an odd week I just make an extra spread for the last “week”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abm234 11-18-2018 06:01 PM

I do Mon -Sunday. My first year I did Sun-Saturday and it was terrible for me having the weekend split up. My "title cards" each week state the month so it is a bit of a pain when the week involves 2 months- I just choose whichever month has the most days that week. In the end when you go back and look at previous years nobody ever notices those tiny details.

rach3975 11-18-2018 06:54 PM

I do Monday to Sunday. I don't like spitting the weekend up either. When there are a few "extra" days before the first full week and after the last one, I decide what to do based on how many days it is and what I have to scrap from that time. If 1/1 is a Saturday, for example, I'd probably scrap week 1 as 1/1-1/1/9. But if 1/1 was a Wed, I'd probably have week 1 just be 1/1-1/5. That tends to be a choice that scrappers think a lot about, even agonize over, but readers of my PL books don't notice one way or the other.

I make my own title cards. They have the week number in a large font and the dates smaller. With this format it's not that hard to put "Jan 31-Feb 6, 2018" when there are 2 months involved.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nixenkind 11-19-2018 05:19 AM

I do Monday to Sunday. That's how the weeks are counted in Erope, so it fits with how the week is "feeling" in my everyday life.

MamaBee 11-19-2018 07:49 AM

hahaha - I'm the oddball - I always do Sunday-Saturday since I started doing Project365/Project life in 2009. When the next month comes in during the week, I treat it as the same week... if there are more days that land in the current month, that month is the title... if more of the next month, I switch to the next month for the title. I usually have some kind of calendar on my pages that shows which week we are on. :)

karlimarie 11-19-2018 03:35 PM

Great! Thanks guys, it’s nice to hear the different options.

LeeAndra 11-20-2018 12:42 PM

I run from Monday - Sunday. When the new year starts, everything we have done from December 26 - December 31 gets smushed in with the first week of January. I do a Countdown to Christmas album but no PL in December.

marlathrall 11-21-2018 03:14 PM

I'm a Monday-Sunday girl. I think it would drive me crazy to have the weekends split up. When I get to the end of the year, I will group it with week 52 or give the partial week it's own spread- depending on pictures and what all we had going on.

On my title card, I just date it like "May 28- June 3, 2018."