Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Software Used (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94185)

mcurtis 06-05-2021 09:41 PM

Software Used

Hi All

I digital scrapbooked years ago and got away from it. I'm back to try it again. I was wondering what everyone is using to digital scrapbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

jacinda 06-06-2021 02:47 AM

Welcome back! I use photoshop CS6. I think a lot use Photoshop CC and others use Elements.

littlekiwi 06-06-2021 05:00 AM

I use Photoshop Elements 15 for scrapping and ACDSee Photo Studio Standard 2019 for organising my stash

Kiana 06-06-2021 07:51 AM

I'm on the Photoshop CC train ...used to use Photoshop CS6.

HavaDrPepper 06-06-2021 09:23 AM

I use Corel's Paint Shop Pro. Too set in my ways to change even though I tried.

cherrygutz 06-06-2021 09:36 AM

I’m using photoshop cc as well.

rach3975 06-06-2021 09:39 AM

I'm still using Photoshop CS6, but I'm probably going to switch to Photoshop CC this summer. I think that most people who scrap on a computer use a version of Photoshop or Elements. There are also a few other programs like Gimp and Paint Shop Pro. There are even iPad options like Affinity and Procreate.

LynnZant 06-06-2021 12:05 PM

I use Photoshop Elements 2020 to scrap. I used to use Paint Shop Pro to edit photos; however, when I updated to a newer version last year, I had a problem with file sizes.

iScrap 06-06-2021 12:35 PM

I also use Photoshop CS 6. It works great for my needs so I've not had any reason to upgrade. Welcome back!

HavaDrPepper 06-06-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1063050816)
I use Photoshop Elements 2020 to scrap. I used to use Paint Shop Pro to edit photos; however, when I updated to a newer version last year, I had a problem with file sizes.

Lynn, I updated to PSP2021 a couple months ago and have not found any problem with file sizes. I was having issues with both my X7 and X8 versions not wanting to save to the folder I specified so tried PSP2021. Less than 24 hours after using the free version, I paid for the upgrade!

bienejen 06-06-2021 02:21 PM

I use Artisan's Forever software. I'm playing a bit with Affinity Photo but the learning curve seems to be about as big as learning Photoshop and I'm not sure I have the patience.

just_jo 06-06-2021 05:12 PM

Another PS CC.

LynnZant 06-06-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper (Post 1063050821)
Lynn, I updated to PSP2021 a couple months ago and have not found any problem with file sizes. I was having issues with both my X7 and X8 versions not wanting to save to the folder I specified so tried PSP2021. Less than 24 hours after using the free version, I paid for the upgrade!

Thanks for the heads up! It kills me a bit because I bought 2020 and never used it because it would take an 8MB photo and save it as 22MB even after I cropped it and took data away. I'll look into the trial version (although they should update me for free with that kind of error!).

LJSDesigns 06-06-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper (Post 1063050809)
I use Corel's Paint Shop Pro. Too set in my ways to change even though I tried.

I started off with PSP, and for scrapping it is fine, but I had to change when I started to design because it isn't as good for designing as PS. The change was not hard because they do pretty much the same thing, you just have to learn where to find things and then it is easy as pie. Not that you have to change, just thought I would share that it is easier than I thought it would be.

HavaDrPepper 06-06-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJSDesigns (Post 1063050845)
I started off with PSP, and for scrapping it is fine, but I had to change when I started to design because it isn't as good for designing as PS. The change was not hard because they do pretty much the same thing, you just have to learn where to find things and then it is easy as pie. Not that you have to change, just thought I would share that it is easier than I thought it would be.

About 8 years ago I was on a CT for a designer that used PSP. She had no issues designing with it and nobody knew she used PSP. I only knew because we talked about it since I used PSP.

I did take classes for PSE and it just does not click in my brain. I also regularly watch a designer that does video scrapping live chats and even with watching her for about 7 years, I just can't relate to using any PS/PSE product. I've been using PSP for over 25 years.

JMHO.

LJSDesigns 06-07-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper (Post 1063050851)
About 8 years ago I was on a CT for a designer that used PSP. She had no issues designing with it and nobody knew she used PSP. I only knew because we talked about it since I used PSP.

I did take classes for PSE and it just does not click in my brain. I also regularly watch a designer that does video scrapping live chats and even with watching her for about 7 years, I just can't relate to using any PS/PSE product. I've been using PSP for over 25 years.

JMHO.

I knew of one too, Kim of Kimeric, because we talked about it too. And yeah, you can do it, but you don't have the ease of purchased styles and actions, and I love that ease because time is my biggest bottle neck. I know you can do it with other tools in PSP, but for digital scrapping the better tools are in PS.

If I was just scrapping I would not have changed. I think PSP is better for drop shadows than PSE, by far.

Leablahblah 06-07-2021 01:21 PM

Photoshop CC as well

renysmom 06-07-2021 02:43 PM

I scrapped for years with Paint Shop Pro. Got away from Digi Scrapping for several years and just got back interested as well. I now have a Mac and am using Photoshop CC since I have it as part of my subscription and must say I am struggling a little to try and figure out how to do some things vs. PSP, which I still seem to remember. not many tutorials out there for PS CC. Most seemed geared towards PS Elements.

StacyLynn 06-07-2021 02:58 PM

Photoshop CC here.....

Neverland Scraps 06-07-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJSDesigns (Post 1063050845)

I second this. I used Paint Shop Pro for years and one year I decided to migrate over to Photoshop. It really wasn't as hard as I imagined it to be. If I had know that I probably would have gone over sooner because I feel you can do so much more with photoshop than paint shop pro.