Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MAC users-Safari Update.... Thoughts (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94673)

mywisecrafts 09-22-2021 10:00 PM

MAC users-Safari Update.... Thoughts

I did this lovely update to safari..... and not sure how I feel about it. I'm going to need a few days to adjust. I keep thinking the tab isn't open, when it is..... I might like my tabs more lined up with the continuous linear look vs the space between each tab. It's like the tabs are now "rectangle" buttons. Do you know how many times I've exited a window when I wasn't wanting to...:D

KingsQueen82 09-22-2021 10:07 PM

I keep seeing the little red alert to update but I haven't gotten there yet and now I'm glad I haven't! I think I'll wait until after DSD when I have more time to fiddle around with it! Lol...

JoCee 09-22-2021 11:40 PM

darn thing updated on me when I wasn't looking. so far, so good. the password thingy I'm still getting used to but other than that... all good

SeattleSheri 09-23-2021 12:12 AM

I got a new Mac in August and my Safari has a bit of a different look, but I just assumed it I was because I'm on a new OS. You have me super curious about what it looks like so I can compare! I'm mostly annoyed because the location where you add tabs has been moved.

SeattleSheri 09-23-2021 11:10 AM

Well, I had to run an update to get my printer driver to work, so now I see exactly what the situation is, lol. Interesting and will definitely take a bit of getting used to!

KristinCB 09-23-2021 11:20 AM

i'm on a mac but hate safari so I use chrome lol

MamaBee 09-23-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1063065793)

Same!

** though, my laptop is 9 years old... I'm still running Sierra... hahahha! Waiting for Apple to announce some update to macbook pro... my hubby who is a super Apple nerd is hoping its coming soon.

SeattleSheri 09-23-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaBee (Post 1063065799)
Same!

** though, my laptop is 9 years old... I'm still running Sierra... hahahha! Waiting for Apple to announce some update to macbook pro... my hubby who is a super Apple nerd is hoping its coming soon.

That's pretty awesome your 9 year old Mac is still running! I just "retired" my 2015. I was trying SOOOO hard to hold out for the newest model - which I suspect will come in October, but my machine just couldn't make it so I bought a new one in August.

tjscraps 09-23-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinCB (Post 1063065793)

This is me. I'm a bad Mac owner, I use Chrome/Gmail, I don't use Safari or the Mac Mail app at all. I do love 'Photos' though and how it syncs with my phone.

JoCee 09-23-2021 08:38 PM

interesting cos I can't stand chrome. much happier with Safari. but I don't use Mac Mail.. too clunky for me.

lorigaud 09-25-2021 11:17 PM

Mine must have updated a while ago, but I updated the whole OS, so I guess I didn't realize that is was a Safari thing lol. I use Chrome for school stuff but mostly Safari for personal stuff. The only thing that I really noticed was the location to add a tab. Hmmm. Will have to see what else is different! ;)

cherrygutz 10-15-2021 11:29 AM

I have just updated my mac yesterday and I didn't realize that safari would be updated as well, and I feel like a cat trying to dip my paw in the water...

And is it just me, my glasses or the font on mac looks smaller and smaller every update? :crying:

mywisecrafts 10-16-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrygutz (Post 1063070673)
I have just updated my mac yesterday and I didn't realize that safari would be updated as well, and I feel like a cat trying to dip my paw in the water...

And is it just me, my glasses or the font on mac looks smaller and smaller every update? :crying:

Since I wear glasses too..... lets blame Apple updates :D

cherrygutz 10-16-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mywisecrafts (Post 1063070845)
Since I wear glasses too..... lets blame Apple updates :D

https://c.tenor.com/x8eBbUiF4RYAAAAM/yes-sweet.gif