Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD: 09/23 Breakfast (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91378)

bcgal00 09-23-2019 10:53 AM

QOTD: 09/23 Breakfast

Do you eat breakfast? What's your go-to and what is your favorite?

bcgal00 09-23-2019 10:55 AM

I like to enjoy coffee in the morning but don't eat anything for the first 3-4 hours. Then my go-to is a banana and a handful of almonds. Quick and easy. But on the weekend sometimes we'll got out for breakfast and I usually order an omelet. Lately I've been sick of eggs so I am going to try out a few gluten free recipes for pancakes. I got some sugar free syrup and am anxious to try it out.

jaye 09-23-2019 11:55 AM

I have a coffee at home, can't eat first thing in the morning. I will eat between classes, usually periods 1 and 2. My go-to is coconut or vanilla yogurt with granola. Weekends I don't usually eat breakfast.

StacyLynn 09-23-2019 01:28 PM

I love breakfast... and all breakfast foods!
I'm not supposed to eat for at least an hour after I take my thyroid meds... so usually I have a cup of coffee till I get a chance to eat.

On work days it's been a smoothie or an egg cup (I make a batch sunday night, eggs, spinach, cheese and bacon) or a bowl of cereal. If I have time maybe an omlet or scrambled eggs.

We love doing breakfast for dinner, then it's waffles, gluten free pancakes (my son has celiacs), hash browns, bacon, sausage and/or scrapple....

SeattleSheri 09-23-2019 04:01 PM

Mixed berries with Fage and a handful of Great Grains Fruit & Nut cereal :)

jacinda 09-24-2019 05:23 AM

I have 1/2 cup of bircher muesli every morning. It's a mix of rolled oats, almonds, walnuts, cranberries, cinnamon, chia seeds, cashews and psyllium husk. It's delicious. Once I add water or milk it's quite filling.

nietis 09-24-2019 08:40 AM

Most of the time I don't eat breakfast, just water in the morning. Occasionally, I drink coffee - trying to reduce as much.
If I do eat, I'll have the whole grain or oat cereal or the oat/granola biscuits.

icindi 09-24-2019 02:26 PM

I usually have an apple and light string cheese with my Diet Dr. Pepper. :)

Sherri Tierney 09-29-2019 04:41 PM

I don't eat breakfast any more. I am doing intermittent fasting and don't eat until lunch, sometimes dinner.

The breakfast foods I like most though are bacon and eggs. I love eggs and we have chickens and ducks so we have plenty of farm fresh, delicious eggs!

YepBrook 09-29-2019 05:09 PM

Breakfast is my favorite meal :wub:

On a normal morning, my go-to has been a Siggi 0% icelandic skyr yogurt (I like their vanilla and cinnamon vanilla flavors) with some organic granola, chia seeds, a drizzle of honey, seeds (usually sunflower or pumpkin seeds) and sliced fruit on top.

Some days I will make a big batch of steel cut oats with vanilla soy milk. We eat it plain with sliced bananas on top. Yum. Some days I do eggs and toast. But usually it's yogurt.

If we do a BIG breakfast (like pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage...) it's for dinner.

MamaBee 09-29-2019 05:26 PM

I rarely eat breakfast, too - mostly only get my coffee before school starts. On Saturday my hubby makes breakfast - usually eggs and bacon. I hate the texture of eggs, so I have to have a lot of veggies in them.

If I'm really on the ball, I will make chia pudding to eat in the morning... but that is rare... haha.

lovely1m 10-05-2019 03:58 AM

I drink a protein shake or eat a protein bar. I don’t like eating I’m the morning.

Gemma 10-05-2019 07:30 AM

I do intermittent fasting so I never have breakfast, I didn't before starting IF to be honest and I always felt bad about it lol, now it's part of my routing to not eat until 2pm

adi&co. 10-05-2019 11:22 AM

Food and I have a really awkward relationship. I have to eat frequently because of my hypoglycemia (opposite of diabetes), but eating frequently makes me nauseated ever since I was so sick with gemma’s pregnancy. I basically eat the same few things every day. For breakfast, I buy protein shakes and drink those because my stomach handles them well and they keep my blood sugar level. It is literally an every day thing haha! I’ve learned to not get bored of what I eat haha