Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TOU question - can someone help please? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8637)

bellajoy 05-03-2008 06:50 PM

TOU question - can someone help please?

Hi! I sent an email to the "Administrator" through the shop contact form, but I know today is a busy, busy day, and I thought I might get a response faster here.

I was just reviewing the new (I think it's new?) Scrap For Hire Friendly TOU in the shop, but I don't understand what the following statement means:

YOU MAY NOT use our designs for an online scrap for hire business or use our images or name to advertise your business in online marketing.

I have a scrap for hire business, and of course I have a website - does this mean I can't use any samples with SSD products on my site? Also, I'd like to sell downloadable note cards and crafty type items (in flattened jpg format) on my site (and elsewhere) - is this what's not allowed? In one sentence the TOU tells me it's ok, but in the next it says it's not. I'm confused! (And possibly overwhelmed because of the craziness of NSD!)

Thanks so much - I'd love to get an answer today so I can SHOP, SHOP, SHOP! :-)

Becca Bonneville 05-03-2008 07:01 PM

I was wondering the same thing about the online stuff. I have a custom card site and am in the process of adding s4h too.

bellajoy 05-03-2008 07:07 PM

Becca, I just looked at your blog - love your layouts and your design style! :-)

Becca Bonneville 05-03-2008 07:40 PM

aww thanks! I appreciate that!

ashleyprugh 05-04-2008 02:07 PM

bumping this back up. cause i'm in the same boat as these two ladies. getting ready to start up my own custom card/announcement business and want to know.

scarletsierra 05-04-2008 02:17 PM

I'm curious too. :)

Robin Carlton 05-04-2008 03:15 PM

Hey ladies!

Thanks for your question. We dont allow anything made from our items to be sold online as we think it's in direct competition with our store. While you'd be welcome to show samples of your past work created using Sweet Shoppe products in a gallery of sorts on your site to show your potential customers what you can do, you would NOT be allowed to show that image and say "Layout 345a - $10.00" and take orders for that particular design as we feel that would be akin to selling quickpages made from our designs which we do not allow. Premade cards, Announcements, etc - flattened or not, would fall under this stipulation unfortunately.

Additionally, when we say you may not use our name in your advertising we mean, you cant send out an online ad in a forum or newsletter and say "Cute Card Central - Sweet Shoppe Designs now available".

The intention of our S4H friendly terms is to allow you more options when creating custom layouts or cards for your customers. Ie. a customer approaches you for a layout or album or announcement and says they would love to have it made from a kit in our store, we'd like for that to be something you can say "oh sure, that's no problem, I know they allow that". The intention is NOT to help you stock a storefront with premade items from our products if that makes sense.

If you need any further clarification please let me know.

Thanks so much!
Robin

ashleyprugh 05-04-2008 03:21 PM

thanks for the clarification, robin! i understand now.

Becca Bonneville 05-04-2008 03:24 PM

Thanks so much Robin! That is what my site is all about, custom! Nothing premade and sold direct from the site! Thanks again! Now I am really excited!

bellajoy 05-04-2008 07:42 PM

Thanks again Robin! I've said it in email, but I'll say it again - I appreciate the clarification, and am thrilled about the new TOU. I just don't know if my wallet can handle it! Thanks so very much!

rebecca 05-05-2008 01:12 AM

Great!

Hey Robin!

I'm so excited to read about the clarification in your terms! I love what you've done with the store, in making it S4H friendly, and can't wait to get my online business up an running hopefully in the next few weeks. I have to admit I was a tad confused like the others and now that I've gotten the clarification, I'm thrilled to add your shoppe to the top of my list! With the addition of Misty Cato, I know I'll be here quiet often once my biz picks up.

Thanks much and happy NSD!

:D

Rebecca

norton94 08-21-2010 02:48 PM

I'm the yearbook coordinator (volunteer) for my kids' public elementary school. We use Jostens for the yearbook and they allow uploads of your own backgrounds or elements to create your pages. Would it be allowed with your new TOU to use SSD creations for this purpose? It would all be custom project (only for our school). It is actually a non-profit project - so not a fundraiser. SSD name would not be part of the ad for people to buy the yearbooks. Thanks! I'd love to make the yearbook look fabulous :thumbup:

Heather Roselli 08-22-2010 12:05 PM

I have given my permission for school yearbooks in the past, but I'm not sure if all the designers agree with me or not. I'll point this thread out to them and get you some answers.

norton94 08-22-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Roselli (Post 700215)
I have given my permission for school yearbooks in the past, but I'm not sure if all the designers agree with me or not. I'll point this thread out to them and get you some answers.

Thanks so much Heather! I look forward to knowing how everyone feels about this ;)

Libby Pritchett 08-22-2010 02:07 PM

Like Heather, I'm totally fine with my product being used in school yearbooks. I was on yearbook staff all through jr high and high school, and then I was coordinator for the yearbook when my daughter was in elementary school. So, I completely understand all the work that goes into it!

Like H, I don't know that all designers are ok with this, so your best bet would probably be to contact each designer individually if you find something specific of theirs that you want to use... otherwise just do the book with mine and heather's stuff! LOL (totally kidding! LOL)

norton94 08-22-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby Weifenbach (Post 700270)
... otherwise just do the book with mine and heather's stuff! LOL (totally kidding! LOL)

Maybe I will do just that!!! :thumbup:

Julie Billingsley 08-22-2010 04:05 PM

I am also okay with yearbook use. :) I was my school's yearbook editor in chief back in the day. Gotta give back to the roots of my teenage years. :)

Susan Bartolini 08-22-2010 10:15 PM

Fine with my stuff too.

norton94 08-22-2010 10:33 PM

Oh yay! That is terrific news! TYTY!

Shawna Clingerman 08-22-2010 10:53 PM

yep, that is completely alright by me (and also sorta awesome! its so cool to be able to be part of peoples memories). Thanks so much for asking!

neenee 08-23-2010 07:26 AM

I just love SSD and all of the wonderful designers here.

norton94 08-23-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neenee (Post 700484)
I just love SSD and all of the wonderful designers here.

Me too!!

Traci Reed 08-23-2010 11:04 AM

Hehe I was editor and chief of the yearbook in HS :) I'm cool with it!

Penny Springmann 08-23-2010 11:05 AM

It's fine with me as well!