Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eye-Fi card...I think I'm in love... (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67204)

Penny Springmann 10-12-2012 01:58 PM

Eye-Fi card...I think I'm in love...

I recently updated my camera and decided to spend a little extra to get an Eye-Fi card. After using it for a couple of days I have to say I LOVE IT!!! Yes, it's a little pricey but for someone as lazy as me, it's PERFECT!

Using my home wireless network, it takes my pictures from my camera, to my phone, and then to my COMPUTER!!! The images transfer automatically! EEEEEE!!!

Last night I took pictures at my son's soccer game, came home, turned the camera on and in less than FIVE minutes my pictures were on my phone AND on my computer. :wub:

Just thought I'd share my new toy with you! Christmas is coming, ya know. ;)

Lyd 10-12-2012 02:09 PM

That sounds awesome Penny! I do love that about iCloud and my phone. Everything I take on my phone is automatically in Aperture. But, it would be great to have on my regular camera too. If you don't mind my asking, how much was it? Maybe I could talk DH into getting something like that. He does love his technology. :D

Nettio 10-12-2012 02:24 PM

I've been pining for one for awhile but it's not compatible with my old Rebel XT. I know the new Canon 6D has wifi built in so I imagine auto uploading like the iPhone will become standard for DSLRs eventually too. I hope so anyway because as a lazy uploader I would love that. :D

Penny Springmann 10-12-2012 02:47 PM

Lydia, it's was @ $80. But I'm Terrible at transferring pictures. In fact, I still have pics from this summer sitting on my old camera. Plus, now it will be easier to add my camera pics to Instagram.

Lynnette, there are quite a few p&s with it built in already. I'm sure in a couple of years it will be standard.

Nettio 10-12-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny Springmann (Post 1043903)
Lynnette, there are quite a few p&s with it built in already. I'm sure in a couple of years it will be standard.

Yeah, I know, but I want it for my DSLR. I use my iPhone so much more than my DSLR now for that reason. It's just so much easier when it upload on it's own.

MamaBee 10-12-2012 02:53 PM

I just got one a month ago or so, too! It took a bit for me to break through our firewall, so it did just sit there for awhile... ;) But it is awesome that it sucks the photos from the camera onto the computer... and even if it's downloading and you need to take a photo, it just picks up where it left off. The only thing I don't like about it is that I traded in a high "speed" capacity card for this, so photos are a twitch slower saving to my camera - but I'll take it over loosing photos because I haven't downloaded them or having to find the USB cord for it... haha

When hubby got mine, the Best Buy dude said that all SD cards next year are going to be wifi... not sure if that is true, just what that guy said...

mrshobbes 10-12-2012 11:25 PM

I loved it when I first saw it, it's a brilliant invention! I don't have a DSLR though lol but I still think it's brilliant :p

SeattleSheri 10-13-2012 11:26 AM

I live under a rock and this is the first time I've seen the product. What a great idea!

Freckles 10-13-2012 12:34 PM

That is awesome! I would love one of those!

jessica31876 10-13-2012 12:40 PM

Says for Canon 60D some people are having issues. Id like to have one of these cards too but dont want to spend that much if it isn't going to work.

Sherri Tierney 10-13-2012 03:24 PM

I had never heard of this until today. My family teases me for being so terrible at uploading pictures. This would be awesome! I checked and it is compatible with my camera. I sent the link to the hubby as a potential Christmas or birthday gift for me. :)

switchwiz 10-13-2012 03:29 PM

Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of this either....sounds great!

NeverendingJen 10-13-2012 03:37 PM

I totally want one of those now! it's going at the top of my christmas list

ChristyHC 10-13-2012 03:43 PM

That would be amazing. I checked it out and they have a 4GB card for $40. Not as much memory, but if it keeps uploading and clearing space on the card, I might not need as much memory. lol

ayaandjudah 10-13-2012 03:45 PM

OMG this is awesome.

Do you know if it would work with my T1i?

Patti 10-13-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSheri (Post 1044210)
I live under a rock and this is the first time I've seen the product. What a great idea!

Me too!!!!

nun69 10-13-2012 04:15 PM

mg...can you sayu this is awesome......I sooo need this...I would hae to get the one with WiFi RAW upload and would be so in love!!!!!!!!

eta: dang, doesn't work with my 7D :(

Penny Springmann 10-13-2012 04:26 PM

Alisa - you can look here

I took it out again today...still impressed. Plus, my Instagram feed will now have much better pics from time to time! :)

Shawna 10-13-2012 09:32 PM

I wish it was available in a CF card and not just SD cards, both of my DSLR's (XTi & 7D) take CF cards. It seems like it would be really handy to have though!