Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Want a good laugh? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92279)

StacyLynn 03-13-2020 01:46 PM

Want a good laugh?

Just in case y'all need a good laugh....

Did grocery shopping last night to restock the pantry (not just for the virus, but all my college kids are now home so we really needed food.)

So this morning I go to put away the dry goods and cans and such (was too tired last night).

As I moved something that was not in it's right home, def put away by someone else in this house..... I bumped the flour canister, a very full with a new bag of flour canister and the lid hit the shelf, popped off and flipped into me, covering me in flour from my chest down, filling my boots, a dusting or more on everything on the bottom two shelves, and a good 3-5 inches on most of the pantry floor and the buckets of snacks..... all the gluten free snacks for my child with celiac.......

I can laugh about it now, but I said some really bad words.... thank goodness I'm off on Fridays.....

The two kids home at the moment were good helpers including the son...the whole time he cleaned up he kept saying... "I can't even eat this and I'm covered in it..." Me too.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

bcgal00 03-13-2020 01:51 PM

Oh no....funny to picture but not funny about the mess and waste...ugh.

icindi 03-13-2020 04:27 PM

Glad you can laugh about it. Did you get pictures to scrap? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craftytam 03-13-2020 04:31 PM

Oh my goodness! That's so funny, Stacy! I hope you took pictures :D That sounds like something I would do.

aussiegirl 03-13-2020 05:28 PM

Oh no! Sometimes we just have to laugh, so that we don't cry! So glad they were helpful and you were able to joke about it!

StacyLynn 03-13-2020 05:51 PM

I forgot to take a pic of the big mess. Then I asked a kid to snap one after I started to get cleaned up. I had my son vacuum me. So this is me after the vacuum. It was solid white. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...77600149c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponytails 03-13-2020 06:56 PM

D'oh! :D

LynnZant 03-13-2020 09:08 PM

Oh no! I look like that every time I bake. :)

Kiana 03-13-2020 10:21 PM

Oh man, I'm glad you can laugh about it now~~

Neverland Scraps 03-13-2020 10:39 PM

Oh Stacy!!!
https://media0.giphy.com/media/LpQux...VYFh/giphy.gif

I feel this one!! What a mess. I'm so sorry this happened!
I'm glad you can laugh about it now, but poohy on it happening at all :thumbdown:

knittingbec 03-13-2020 10:47 PM

Lol! Except that I wouldn't have wanted to clean up the mess!

allyanne 03-14-2020 05:58 AM

This is hilarious--and also made me feel extremely anxious--because I also have to eat gluten-free. I would have lost it. I'm glad you can laugh about it now! It would be a perfect subject for this month's Passport quote challenge, lol!

JoCee 03-14-2020 07:13 AM

glad you can laugh about it...now but oy vey!! lol.
hope you don't have to scrounge to find more of that flour in the shops
stay safe, healthy and sane xx

biancka 03-14-2020 09:29 AM

Oh no, that's never fun. So glad you can laugh about it now :) the photo was after the cleanup ?!?! I can only imagine the mess you had to clean up.

JillW 03-14-2020 09:50 AM

Hoh boy!! I'm glad you can laugh about it now - and glad you had some really good helpers!!! Hope the rest of your day went better! :-)

StacyLynn 03-14-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyanne (Post 1062996047)
This is hilarious--and also made me feel extremely anxious--because I also have to eat gluten-free. I would have lost it. I'm glad you can laugh about it now! It would be a perfect subject for this month's Passport quote challenge, lol!

It was such a mess! We have bins that we keep fruit cup, bars and snacks in... each package had to be wiped down.... I pray we got it all..... Luckily only one bin was stuff he eats.

StacyLynn 03-14-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biancka (Post 1062996066)
Oh no, that's never fun. So glad you can laugh about it now :) the photo was after the cleanup ?!?! I can only imagine the mess you had to clean up.

Yup it was after.... I was too mad at first and then just wanted it cleaned up I totally forgot about a photo.

StacyLynn 03-14-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1062996017)
Oh no! I look like that every time I bake. :)

hahahahaha

StacyLynn 03-14-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knittingbec (Post 1062996035)
Lol! Except that I wouldn't have wanted to clean up the mess!

When I first stepped out of the pile I wasn't even sure where to start the cleanup!

Leablahblah 03-14-2020 10:29 PM

LOL not funny but funny nonetheless. haha

Robin Carlton 03-15-2020 01:21 PM

This reminds me of a few months back, when a full container of laundry soap from sams club was riding a shaking dryer (in the middle of the night no less) and crashed to the ground shattering the cap and spilling EVERYWHERE in our laundry room. We all slept through it, but woke up wondering why it smelled like laundry soap only to find our entire 5x5 laundry room floor covered in soap. It was a DISASTER to try and clean up. Sqeegee into a dustpan worked best in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

StacyLynn 03-15-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Carlton (Post 1062996330)
This reminds me of a few months back, when a full container of laundry soap from sams club was riding a shaking dryer (in the middle of the night no less) and crashed to the ground shattering the cap and spilling EVERYWHERE in our laundry room. We all slept through it, but woke up wondering why it smelled like laundry soap only to find our entire 5x5 laundry room floor covered in soap. It was a DISASTER to try and clean up. Sqeegee into a dustpan worked best in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

Oh My!!!! Laundry soap is much more expensive than my cheap bag of flour! And yup, used the dust pan to scoop up most, them swept it into the dust pan.

lorigaud 03-16-2020 08:21 AM

Yikes! What a mess! I have a son with celiac too. I'm glad you were able to get it all cleaned up and it didn't affect his snacks too much. My kid has a whole separate cabinet lol.