Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movie - Paranormal Activity (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35409)

nikkiARNGwife 10-28-2009 05:27 PM

Movie - Paranormal Activity

anyone seen this? I'd like to know what kind of scary it is lol...we're thinking about a date night for the first time in a while and DH wants to see it...

If you've seen it is it gross horror like the Saw movies b/c I will not watch those..or is it just thriller kind of scary..like ghosts and stuff..kind of Blair Witchy? b/c I could handle that.. I don't do the gross stuff so I'd like to know before he talks me into it lol...

Traci Reed 10-28-2009 05:32 PM

I don't know how gory it is but everyone I've talked to says it's the scariest movie they've ever seen LOL

Shawna 10-28-2009 05:34 PM

I haven't seen it yet but Rob really wants to see it though so I'm sure we'll be seeing it soon. He loves the Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth shows though. I've heard from quite a few people that it's not as scary as it shows in the previews. I don't think it's supposed to be like Saw at all, more like Blair Witch, Cloverfield or Quarantine I think. I don't do the bloody, gross horror type movies at all but I think I'll be okay with this one though.

rachaelsscraps 10-28-2009 08:31 PM

The preview of the movie doesn't look scary to me at all- but I do think (and have heard) that it is very much like the style of the Blair Witch Project...

Denise Umlauf 10-28-2009 09:35 PM

I donīt know when it will star showing here in Brazil, but from what I've read so far, seems like Blair Witch kind of movie. Can't wait to see it ! *big scary movies fan*

EveRecinella 10-29-2009 02:57 AM

We saw it, I am usually a scardy cat when it comes to these type of movies, but it was NOT in the least bit scary to me AT ALL. We thought it was actually pretty lame! LOL It is suspenseful, I will give it that, but scary...no.

beckyritchie04 10-29-2009 08:03 AM

My DH and I saw it last Friday and I have to say it was one of the scarriest movies I have seen. It is not gory, like Saw, but more like Blair Witch. It is very suspenseful, but we really enjoyed watching it.

I would recommend it :) Hope that helps!

nikkiARNGwife 10-29-2009 08:13 AM

Okay..good to know..I was thinking it was more suspensful than gory but wanted to hear it from someone who'd seen it :)

We are just too funny when we go see a move b/c we so rarely get to go see a movie anymore...I'm always afraid we'll pick something that's not any good and then we've wasted that entire date night kwim? lol

Micheline Lincoln 10-29-2009 09:00 AM

I'm really looking forward to going to see this movie, it looks really really good doesn't come out until this weekend.