Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Long Term Projects (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Official photo book printing thread (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83039)

Valgal 12-05-2015 12:42 PM

Official photo book printing thread

Ok, so I think I'm going to change my Dec Daily album plans AGAIN. I just can't get into the square size for some reason. Probably because I know it's a mini album and I've never done a mini album in that size/shape. They're always 8x5x11 or 6x8. The only book printing service that looks decent for 6x8 is Artifact Uprising. I read a bunch of reviews and they seem ok. I don't suppose anyone has used them?

In the past I have used Shutterfly and Mixbook, both which I like. Esp Mixbook because of their editing features.

What is your favorite printing service and why?

YepBrook 12-05-2015 12:55 PM

6x8 just seems too small to me! I don't think I'd be able to fit everything in there. :o

Valgal 12-05-2015 01:44 PM

LOL! It was the size of my Holiday Faves book and it was perfect for me. I like the rectangle size, but 8.5 x 11 is just too big.

Nettio 12-05-2015 02:55 PM

Adoramapix has a 6x8 portrait option. They aren't the cheapest option but I've printed books with them and the quality is amazing.

Valgal 12-05-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettio (Post 1062786544)
Adoramapix has a 6x8 portrait option. They aren't the cheapest option but I've printed books with them and the quality is amazing.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

joelsgirl 12-05-2015 06:10 PM

I second adoramapix. You can get a fb alert for coupons so they are more affordable or get a groupon.

Beth Swann 12-08-2015 06:40 PM

I 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and bazillionth Adorama! They are amazing! I've printed books at quite a few places and NO ONE even compares to them. :)

Valgal 12-09-2015 10:44 AM

I think I'm going to have Adoramapix a try then!

johnblaz 07-05-2016 07:50 AM

I think you can try to Myqsoft. They are offering full printed photo book, album with ready to move design template. So You can easy to design own printing book online. Maybe its a easiest way to you .

OrianaVianey 07-05-2016 10:08 PM

My problem with most printingcompanies is shipping.
Our mail system suck, so I always have to use FEDEX
So, I try to keep my printing cost to a minimun and print several books at the time.
I've been using Artscow for several years and I love it. Very inexpensive, great shipping times and rates for non US Countries.

lisar 07-11-2016 07:35 AM

i have used both ArtsCow and Adoramapix and Arts Cow is great for the smaller size but the quality of Adoramapix is unbeatable. I also adore Persnickety Prints ... they don't have a lot of books but the prints are perfect and available in all sizes. i've ordered 8x8 and 12x12 sizes to put in books or frame and the quality is superb plus you can get different finishes. they have sales several times a year also.

scrapolina 01-20-2017 11:35 AM

I have used Shutterfly and Mixbook. I was very happy with both companies work

kristalund 01-20-2017 11:43 AM

my last 2 digital DD albums were 6x8 Artifact Uprising Albums. i like them! the paper is not photo paper though...more like a soft cardstock. i don't remember what i paid for them but i think around $30 which is reasonable. i think there is always a coupon too!

Anja 01-20-2017 11:50 AM

I use BLURB and I would never go for anything else again! Exquisite quality for a decent price. I make my layouts in Photoshop, then bring them over to their InDesign templates. The prints always look amazing.

LynnZant 01-20-2017 01:19 PM

Does anyone have a favorite print site for bringing in a finished layout and having it pretty close without too much cropping? Persnickety is amazing at that for printed singles, but I don't want to rework all my layouts to put them in a book. I'm lazy.

nesser1981 01-20-2017 03:44 PM

I've been using presto photo since 2009. I just ordered a 134 page book, w/shipping I think it's about $93. I do the 8.5x8.5 size they offer & I love. I've done 8x8 & 12x12 in the past. These are by far my favorite size.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f50fe18c02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aurian 01-24-2017 12:06 AM

I've been using Blurb for years, and I really like being able to have up to 400 pages in a hardcover book (though my annual books usually end up around 100-150 pages, it's nice to have the flexibility!). Their binding is really good quality too - some of the other photobook printing companies I've tried (Snapfish and Artscow) were quite flimsy with their stitching/gluing and haven't stood the test of time.

With Blurb, one of the template options within their software creates a half inch white border around the pages, which means I can drag and drop my 12x12 layouts without worrying about any cropping.

LynnZant 01-27-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aurian (Post 1062860134)
I've been using Blurb for years, and I really like being able to have up to 400 pages in a hardcover book (though my annual books usually end up around 100-150 pages, it's nice to have the flexibility!). Their binding is really good quality too - some of the other photobook printing companies I've tried (Snapfish and Artscow) were quite flimsy with their stitching/gluing and haven't stood the test of time.

With Blurb, one of the template options within their software creates a half inch white border around the pages, which means I can drag and drop my 12x12 layouts without worrying about any cropping.

Thanks for the info! Does the full half inch print or does some get cut off in the trimming process?