Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help! No more digital scrapbooks at Shutterfly? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56845)

DaniW 09-07-2011 05:50 AM

Help! No more digital scrapbooks at Shutterfly?

I've been trying to print a little book about my daughter's birthday at Shutterfly but couldn't find the links for starting a digital scrapbook. I've printed with them before but they've changed their site a bit since my last order. I was e-mailing with customer service and they would provide me with links to specifications that were not helpful and I kept trying to explain that I wanted to upload artwork for all pages and parts of the cover, including front, back and spine. They have finally e-mailed me back to say that they "removed the option" when they launched their new customizable templates. I can still upload my pages but it seems like I can no longer upload the cover.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with them? Do you know if it is still possible to print fully custom scrapbooks there? Can anyone recommend another site for printing albums? I've used WHCC and it was beautiful but expensive. I'm in Canada so that may limit my choices as well. I'm just so disappointed!!

Thanks for any help you're able to provide!

MissKim 09-07-2011 06:48 AM

I just did a Shutterfly album. I just replaced everything with my own layouts (choosing the full bleed photo option on the inside pages). I didn't have any problem doing my own cover. I just used the full bleed option, I think. I know I didn't do it as a digital scrapbook, but just a regular album.

DaniW 09-07-2011 09:15 AM

Oh good! Thank you - I was in such a panic when I got the e-mail from their customer service dept this morning because he said the option had been removed to do a custom cover! I am so relieved to know that I can still do it - I will do what you're saying and just print a regular book but with the full-bleed photo option. When I tried, I was able to do it for the pages but not the cover but I'll try another style and see if that makes a difference. Thank you for your help!

marlathrall 09-07-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissKim (Post 870526)
I just did a Shutterfly album. I just replaced everything with my own layouts (choosing the full bleed photo option on the inside pages). I didn't have any problem doing my own cover. I just used the full bleed option, I think. I know I didn't do it as a digital scrapbook, but just a regular album.

I think I read somewhere that they will be getting read of the full bleed option on January 1st. I hope not, because I love shutterfly... I will probably use blurb if they do.

Jennilyn 09-07-2011 09:37 AM

They'll be losing a lot of customers if they do that. I want a customized page not something plain! I have about 25 pages left to do from my Project 365 last year and it has a custom cover that I WANT, so I guess I better get on it!

MamaBee 09-07-2011 10:03 AM

Geez, shutterfly... why would you alienate your digi scrapping community? I understand that they want to push their "premades", but a print order is a print order... as expensive as they are to begin with... :/

digideb 09-07-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissKim (Post 870526)

This is what I always do, because I don't order without a coupon & usually they won't work on the digital scrapbooks. So, yeah, this totally works & is super easy to do!

digideb 09-07-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlathrall (Post 870568)
I think I read somewhere that they will be getting read of the full bleed option on January 1st. I hope not, because I love shutterfly... I will probably use blurb if they do.

Are you serious?!! Yeah, they will lose SO many customers! Not a smart move at all!!

DaniW 09-07-2011 12:22 PM

I certainly hope that doesn't happen!! How could they think that digital scrapbookers will just use their new templates just because now you can move the text around and add some of their limited number of elements? That's crazy!

wendyzine 09-07-2011 02:12 PM

Someone pointed me to this topic to help out.

I have a post on my blog that shows how to do the All New Custom Path. I haven't heard they are getting rid of the Digi Scrap options. But, then again, they don't really consult me. LOL

Check out page 2 here for the video tutorial.
http://www.wendyzinescraps.com/blog/page/2/

If you need an "international" option, MyPicTales offers full bleed books and does ship to Canada.

If anyone ever has questions about specs and printers, let me know. I'm happy to help if I can.

marlathrall 09-07-2011 03:43 PM

Thanks... I think I dreamed about reading that shutterfly was getting rid of that option, because I can't find the article now. :unsure: Oh well, I hope they don't, because I like printing through them. :)

schock77 09-08-2011 06:36 AM

I sure hope they don't do that! I don't use them often, but do like their quality. Another site to check out is viovio.com. I've printed my project 365 albums and calendars with them and was very happy (but I print 10x10 which didn't have a complete cover option before).

kscwgirl 09-08-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlathrall (Post 870735)
Thanks... I think I dreamed about reading that shutterfly was getting rid of that option, because I can't find the article now. :unsure: Oh well, I hope they don't, because I like printing through them. :)

I checked the digital scrapbooking section that they have, and the books are gone.

nesser1981 09-08-2011 10:59 AM

I use viovio.com, cheaper than shutterfly & just as nice

DawnMarch 09-08-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

I checked the digital scrapbooking section that they have, and the books are gone.
I'm not sure if you need a dedicated scrapbook section now that they have the custom path ability. Doesn't that allow you to make one "photo" as a full page?

TeriBeary 09-08-2011 04:10 PM

www.blurb.com

DaniW 09-09-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnMarch (Post 870957)
I'm not sure if you need a dedicated scrapbook section now that they have the custom path ability. Doesn't that allow you to make one "photo" as a full page?

Yes, you can choose to have a full-page photo and use a layout. I am happy to report that I was able to use my pages in the Custom Path function and fully customize the spine as well - phew!

Thanks for all the help, everyone!