Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTW 10/12 (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93258)

bcgal00 10-12-2020 06:17 PM

QOTW 10/12

I'll make this a two part question this week.

What camera do you use for photos and what do you primarily take photos of?

bcgal00 10-12-2020 06:21 PM

I shoot with a Nikon D500 and my samsung S10+. I have a two Fujis that I never use and am thinking about putting them up for sale on Craigs List. They've been sitting around for close to 2 yrs and been used just a handful of time.

Probaby the most photographed are my animals and wildlife. But I take family photos of Bailey and selfies of myself a lot too.

I like candid everyday photos so will often photograph food, things around the home, etc to do "about me" pages.

JillW 10-12-2020 07:20 PM

I splurged a few months ago and upgraded to a Canon 90D (from a 50D) - I use it mostly for grandkiddo photos and nature -- especially during these fall months.

tjscraps 10-12-2020 11:01 PM

My main camera these days is my iphone - I used to have a DSLR and then rarely brought it out so sold it and got a high end 'point and shoot' but rarely remember to bring that out either.

Most of my pics are of my girls :)

Tree City 10-12-2020 11:07 PM

My everyday camera is my phone, a Google Pixel 3 XL. My "fancy" (DLSR) camera is a Canon 80D. My "fancy but small" (mirrorless) camera is a Sony Alpha a6000. My DH is stealing the 80D from me, but that's okay because I love the a6000. It's light and easy to use, like a point and shoot, but it's also fully manual, like the 80D.

SeattleSheri 10-12-2020 11:13 PM

I have a Canon 70D with 5 lenses. I mostly take photos of my kids, but occasionally scenery and other things.

rach3975 10-12-2020 11:38 PM

My most-used camera is my Samsung S9+. When I want to take nicer photos I use my mirrorless, an Olympus OM-D E-M10 II. (Sidenote--who in the world thinks up these camera names? I literally have to look at my camera and read the name every time someone asks.) With my real camera I mainly take photos of my kids. With the phone it's usually a mix of the kids and everyday things to use on weekly pages (weather, nature, food, hobbies, etc). This year it's as many work photos as anything. My preschool is offering a take home curriculum due to Covid, so I'm taking lots of step by step photos to include in lesson write ups.

joelsgirl 10-13-2020 02:47 AM

I take all of my photos with my iPhone X. I own a DSLR, but I can't even remember the last time I took it out. : (

I mostly take pictures of my hair, to be honest. My kids are all bleh about photos.

Saar 10-13-2020 02:56 AM

I take photos with my iPhone.
I have a DSLR, but I gave it to my dad. He's an astrologist and uses it to take photos of the moon and the stars etc...

I usually take photos on vacation. But at the moment I'm into taking photos of my Autumn walks, esp. toadstools.

Kimberly27 10-13-2020 09:51 AM

I take photos with my Galaxy Note 8. I used to have a point and shoot but my phone takes better photos now. We even bought extra lenses for the phone when we travel.
I take photos of my kids sometimes but they are 10 and 16 now...lately it has been our travels and home projects

lovely1m 10-13-2020 06:09 PM

I have an old Canon Rebel dSLR that I now very rarely pull out. I use my iPhone most of the time. I most take pictures of my family and the things we do.

biancka 10-14-2020 07:07 AM

I do not use my Canon at all anymore.....I only use my phone (samsun galaxy s20+) which takes very good photos :)

bcgal00 10-14-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biancka (Post 1063022405)
I do not use my Canon at all anymore.....I only use my phone (samsun galaxy s20+) which takes very good photos :)

What do you think of the 20+? I have the 10+ and love it but wondered how well the extended zoom works on the 20. It's like 100 times zoom, isn't it?

bcgal00 10-14-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly27 (Post 1063022353)
I take photos with my Galaxy Note 8. I used to have a point and shoot but my phone takes better photos now. We even bought extra lenses for the phone when we travel.
I take photos of my kids sometimes but they are 10 and 16 now...lately it has been our travels and home projects

I feel the same way about my phone and my Fuji's. It's just so much easier and faster to use my phone than those and my Samsung takes great pics. When I bought my Fuji's I had an iPhone 6 I think so I figured I'd get lots of use from the small light mirrorless cameras but once I upgraded my phone I realized nope, the phone is a winner for me.

rach3975 10-14-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcgal00 (Post 1063022443)
What do you think of the 20+? I have the 10+ and love it but wondered how well the extended zoom works on the 20. It's like 100 times zoom, isn't it?

Wow, that's a lot! I still have a 9+ but if we switch carriers in the spring I'll upgrade. I wonder how much you can zoom in before camera shake becomes a problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nesser1981 10-14-2020 03:02 PM

My iPhone 10xr, I take my Canon 7D out for holidays, but that's about it. I really need an upgrade, I've had it about 10 years now. I took it on our roadtrip to Yellowstone this summer and that's the most I've used it in years. Aside from when I was doing photography professionally, but I stepped away from that almost 2 years ago.

JennNtheBoys 10-14-2020 04:03 PM

I'm working with my ancient Nikon D5000.... I've had it for 13 years, and I can totally see in the quality of my photos that it is time for an upgrade, but I have yet to come across something that's a big enough difference in specs that it makes sense to upgrade.

I also use my Samsung s10e .... I'm someone who hates using my phone for photos (and never use it with major events/occasions/holidays), but I wanted something that was decent so I didn't need to always carry my 'big guy' on me. I like it.... I primarily use it for selfies, pet photos (because they are doing something cute every minute of every day), and Food.... I love the food setting on this phone, and it has really stepped up my food photo game when it comes to getting photos for my recipe binders. :)

bcgal00 10-14-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rach3975 (Post 1063022454)
Wow, that's a lot! I still have a 9+ but if we switch carriers in the spring I'll upgrade. I wonder how much you can zoom in before camera shake becomes a problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's what I am wondering too? I know there is blur at the long end of the zoom but wonder at what point in between that you can still get a sharp pic from it.

bcgal00 10-14-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesser1981 (Post 1063022456)
My iPhone 10xr, I take my Canon 7D out for holidays, but that's about it. I really need an upgrade, I've had it about 10 years now. I took it on our roadtrip to Yellowstone this summer and that's the most I've used it in years. Aside from when I was doing photography professionally, but I stepped away from that almost 2 years ago.

Me too, 2 yrs ago I stopped working professionally in wedding/portraits, sold a bunch of my equipment and now just have fun taking photos for myself.

bcgal00 10-14-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys (Post 1063022466)
I'm working with my ancient Nikon D5000.... I've had it for 13 years, and I can totally see in the quality of my photos that it is time for an upgrade, but I have yet to come across something that's a big enough difference in specs that it makes sense to upgrade.

I also use my Samsung s10e .... I'm someone who hates using my phone for photos (and never use it with major events/occasions/holidays), but I wanted something that was decent so I didn't need to always carry my 'big guy' on me. I like it.... I primarily use it for selfies, pet photos (because they are doing something cute every minute of every day), and Food.... I love the food setting on this phone, and it has really stepped up my food photo game when it comes to getting photos for my recipe binders. :)

I love the food setting too. I use it a lot b/c I also like lots of food photos and it's so easy now with my samsung phone rather than pulling out my big camera.

StacyLynn 10-21-2020 07:42 PM

I usually take photos with my Nikon D5200.

I like to take pcs of my kids when they let me...hehehehe.... but usually I can only get them on vacations, holidays or special occasions. Other wise I do take lots of nature pics.

I do take some pics on my iPhone 7. But I just like the quality of the camera photos better.

EventHorizon 10-22-2020 10:29 AM

I also have an S10+ and I take pictures of pretty much anything. If I am in a picture-taking mood, I see opportunities everywhere. And if I'm not, I'll probably still take pics of my cat.