Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   QOTD: Are you addicted to Kits and what is your kit use program? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87668)

kc33558 10-08-2017 10:22 AM

QOTD: Are you addicted to Kits and what is your kit use program?

I am not going to lie. I am addicted to buying kits. Cute, Cute, Cute stuff must be mine. I try to follow the rule of use each kit at least 3 times before I move on to another kit. Now I have so many and never get back to using any of them. Sometimes, but not very often, I get a kit that I will wear out because it just fits my theme perfectly.

If you are addicted, what is your "program" to use your stash effectively and still be getting the lastest and greatest? Go!!

JennNtheBoys 10-08-2017 10:31 AM

The first thing I do is before even buying I make sure I have photos that I can use with the kit. Normally, when I take photos I have enough to scrap a few pages worth from one event, so I scrap those using only that kit. I actually remember when I first started digi scrapping full time I used the same halloween kit 3 years in a row before I decided I needed a new one (and even now I still grab and use stuff from that original kit lol). If I purchase kits knowing what photos I want to use with it but I can't scrap with it right away I make sure I write it down (I have a notebook with everything written down AND I use Evernote where I can put the photos and the kit preview together for future reference).

I would be a kit hoarder if I could afford it.... I actually had to walk away for a while because I was bummed out that I couldn't purchase new kits that were perfect for new photos I had taken and it was getting depressing...... I am so HAPPY to be getting back into things, and enjoying being inspired by new stuff again. :)

kristalund 10-08-2017 10:39 AM

I love "collecting" kits! I like your rule of using 3 times. I think it would be fun to go back and re-use older kits.

Saar 10-08-2017 11:54 AM

I don't have rules. I buy from my favorite designers and whatever kit I really need.
I still use older kits and kits that have retired several years ago.

jaye 10-08-2017 11:58 AM

I am an impulse shopper, if I like I have to have it. However I do tend to shop my favourite designers and stock up on their designs.

tjscraps 10-08-2017 02:22 PM

I'm like Jaye, I am in impulse buyer too lol

I organize by theme (not by designer) and keep the kits together because I'm a kit scrapper. Once I use it I add a z- to the name of the folder, then I know I've used it (and it moves it to the bottom of that theme folder - I can still see it but I won't be as tempted to use it because it's the first one that pops up).

Neverland Scraps 10-08-2017 03:11 PM

I'm not going to lie, I'm no saint when it comes to kit-buying. Some days I just have to have a kit and I have no idea how I'm going to use it! However for the most part, I won't buy a kit unless I know that I have photos, that I want to scrap,

So once I buy a kit, this is where I get pretty bad about it. Sometimes I don't even unzip it for months later, sometimes even a year depending on how little I get to scrap or if I forget about it. But since downloading 7-zip, it helps me bulk unzip and I've been doing a little bit better. This weekend was the first time that I downloaded a kit, unzipped it and used it that day! I've never done that in all the years that I've been scrapping!

The above should tell you what kind of scrapper I am, I'm every where and I don't buy a lot of kits throughout the year. I hoard, then use without buying and then when my stash gets low and I've used a good majority of my stuff, I buy more. That's where I am now. I had the same things, slowly picking up here and there, but I've have the same thing that I was getting tired of seeing. So I bought a handful of things on my wishlist and now I have enough to last me probably another year!

I don't really have any suggestions or ideas on how to make you use your stash or what to do. I just know this works for me and this is probably the best of my trial and errors throughout the years.