Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Long Term Projects (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Project Life Weeks? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75589)

ricslady 12-29-2013 11:05 AM

Project Life Weeks?

I started PL on week 26 this year. I just did week 52 but I still have a half a week left in 2013. How do you do your weeks? Do you start with the first day of the year and go from Wednesday to Tuesday (2014) or what? :confused:

Tracyfish 12-29-2013 11:27 AM

Mine run Monday-Sunday so today ends Week 52 for me. I'll probably do a one page spread with the 1/2 week that's left and not really call it a week...more like a year end.

abm234 12-29-2013 11:44 AM

I think I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen. My week ended yesterday. I doubt anybody will know or care when looking through it down the road. It is very annoying though.

Darcy Baldwin 12-29-2013 12:16 PM

I'm running mine as one long sequence, not necessarily week to week, so it'll just run out when it runs out.

luckyme 12-29-2013 12:32 PM

My weeks run Sunday to Saturday. For the last week and the first week of the year, I just do a partial week. They're busy weeks so there's enough "material" to scrap a 2 page spread even with only a few days covered.

lorryfach 12-29-2013 12:34 PM

ISO standard week numbers. Today is the last day of week 52. We actually use week numbers in Europe so it would be confusing to do it any other way. If you don't use them, I'm a firm believer in doing whatever you want. It's your album.

misfitinmn 12-29-2013 12:39 PM

I'm doing weeks from Mon to Sun, but starting 2014 with Jan 1. I'll just do an abbreviated week for mon & tues. :-)

heathergw 12-29-2013 01:51 PM

I'll be keeping the last few days in my 2013 album, and start my 2014 album with the first... I'm not sure I'm gonna do week numbers anymore... and just do dates and do monthly instead... not restricting myself to a certain number of pages... though my art journal is week numbers, so I don't know lol... just gonna be more open to letting go of "rules" and let my photos lead me...

ricslady 12-29-2013 03:22 PM

I think I'll stick with what has worked so far and skip using week numbers. Although I did like having the week numbers ... hmmm

Tracyfish 12-29-2013 03:52 PM

My reasoning for using the Week numberswas just to keep track of what week I was working on if I got behind.

rach3975 12-29-2013 09:34 PM

I'm planning to make week 52 run through the 31st, so it will really be a week and a half. Having a week 53 would bother me, LOL. But I plan to keep using week numbers next year and just not worry too much about it. My first week of 2013 was less than a full week; my last was more than a full week; I have at least 1 week where I broke the weekend out as a 2nd spread because I had too much for one but didn't want to do a traditional page for it; and there was at least 1 week where I combined 2 weeks into 1 spread because I wanted to scrap non-PL pages with most of the photos I had for that week. No one looking at my album is going to care, and I'm fine with it as long as the dates on my title card reflect what's really in the spread.

luckyme 12-29-2013 09:56 PM

I missed the part about week numbers! I'm going to number my weeks according to this calendar:
http://www.calendar-365.com/2014-calendar.html

I'll just name the last week something fun like "Last One for '14" or something because I can't call it 53. ;)

Traci Reed 12-29-2013 10:04 PM

I'm extending my week 52 for the last couple days in the year. I'll probably use the back of the last spread (that single page) for next week.

marlathrall 12-29-2013 10:44 PM

I'm making week 52 and long one and week 1 a short one. lol. That's how I did it last year and it doesn't bother me at all. Plus, we are having a big family gathering next weekend and I know I will be able to fill that short week.

mummytothree 12-31-2013 08:01 PM

My weeks start on Sunday so for 2013 my first week was "short" and now my last week is "long". I'm ok with that really but it's one of the reasons I'm moving to monthly in 2014 - I'll still work on it weekly and almost all of my months will be 2 page "weekly" spreads (so meaning 4 two page spreads), but it will eliminate the short/long weeks!!

Jengerbread88 01-01-2014 03:27 PM

I ended up deciding to do PL. I know I said it wasn't for me, but... I'm going to give it a go. I bought pocket protector pages. That means I have one side of a page that I can do to start before it switches to two-page spreads... (like, you open the album, and there's one side of a protector, then you turn the page and there's a two page spread... makes the choice easy for me-- that one-page spread is perfect for Wednesday-Sunday. I might include a pic or two from NYE, though.

NellahBean 01-03-2014 12:54 AM

So glad that you posted this!! I was just coming to ask! Thank you!!

DawnMarch 01-03-2014 01:31 AM

I would just lump those few days in with week 52. No one will notice or care. :)

I am also thinking about eliminating the week numbers for this year. I think it's kind of a strange thing to count the weeks, actually (not something people normally do). I am just going to do dates and I might just do the 3x4 date/calendar cards instead of a big Week X title card. More room for photos!