Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Software (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90094)

Ethereal_sheep 01-11-2019 04:36 PM

What Software

Alrighty after scrapping with CS3 for 10+ years, I can't seem to get it to work now. Is it worth the monthly subscription for CC? It breaks my heart to think of the monthly fee. Lol...I guess the days are gone when you just bought software and kept it forever?

mrsashbaugh 01-11-2019 04:56 PM

You can always go with Photoshop Elements instead of having to pay a monthly subscription if you don't want to have to do that. Just another option. :)

Ethereal_sheep 01-11-2019 05:03 PM

I'm going to try the 7 day trial and see! I give myself an allowance every month... just have to decide between this and audible! Yikes! Luckily the library is linked to some nice free apps...

Kiana 01-11-2019 06:25 PM

I upgraded to CC a few months ago and I say it is TOTALLY worth it, I came from CS6.

You really can't beat getting both Lightroom and PS for $10 a month!

Neverland Scraps 01-11-2019 08:05 PM

I have CS5 because I can't justify spending $10 a month for a hobby, plus whatever I buy from my designers.

You can look on Amazon for an older program that you can outright buy?

AmieN1 01-11-2019 08:24 PM

I went to CC from PSE15 about 2 years ago I think now. BEST DECISION EVER! The nice thing about the subscription is you not only get the NEWEST software- but also Lightroom- which I don't utilize for editing photos as much as I should. I found out that my favorite thing about lightroom is that I can sync all my mobile photos straight to my EHD without plugging anything in or even dragging photos to folders. I have it set up to go straight into the folder by date. It's been my best decision for workflow EVER!

Ethereal_sheep 01-11-2019 09:24 PM

Wow! I just finished downloading all this. So many new things! I'm a little overwhelmed getting started!

Ponytails 01-12-2019 02:04 AM

I went from CS5 to CC a few years ago... it's awesome!

Gemma 01-12-2019 04:54 AM

I used to use CS3 then my laptop died and I couldn't find the disk so when I got a new computer I took the plunge and got CC, I love it, it's definitely worth the money :)

nietis 01-12-2019 04:55 AM

I am still on CS4 and I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon, though.

Kiana 01-12-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062942127)
I have CS5 because I can't justify spending $10 a month for a hobby, plus whatever I buy from my designers.

You can look on Amazon for an older program that you can outright buy?

I bought mine when we had extra and just paid for my whole year, That way my monthly cost is gone!

SeattleSheri 01-12-2019 02:31 PM

Using the trial is a great option to see if you like CC. I upgraded from CS5 a year ago (I can't remember when exactly). I'm in PS and LR daily and I don't have a budget limitation, so I made the leap. Good luck! I hope you find something that works out for you.

craftytam 01-12-2019 04:31 PM

I have CC, but don't use it as much as I should. I scrap in PSE15. I really want to start using Lightroom, I just need to kick myself in gear to learn it :D

abm234 01-12-2019 06:38 PM

I was just forced to switch from CS5 to CC when I got a new computer. I was pouting about the monthly fee and having to learn a new system but the transition has been easier than I expected.

rach3975 01-12-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethereal_sheep (Post 1062942113)
I'm going to try the 7 day trial and see! I give myself an allowance every month... just have to decide between this and audible! Yikes! Luckily the library is linked to some nice free apps...

I'm still using CS6 to avoid the subscription, too. Since you're being forced to upgrade, would it be worth downloading a trial of PSE to see if it does what you need it to? If I had to choose between Audible and CC, I think I'd look into every possibility that would let me both scrap and keep my audiobooks!