Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Qotd: How do you prepare for Thanksgiving? (11/13) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87875)

Saar 11-13-2017 02:50 AM

Qotd: How do you prepare for Thanksgiving? (11/13)

Thanksgiving is nearly here. How do you prepare for Thanksgiving it? Do you make a grocery list? Do you search the internet for recipes or do you have a family recipe?

MamaBee 11-13-2017 09:07 AM

I've hosted for the last 13 years... I pretty much have it down to a science. haha. We have pretty much the same things every year... I'll make a shopping list... and can get everything pre-made in about 4 hours on the day before. My hubby always takes care of the turkey. My mom will take care of the desserts because I hate baking.

LeeAndra 11-13-2017 03:15 PM

Our house is too small to host my family so it's usually at my mom's or sister's. We have certain things that always get made & then my sister, mom, and I decide what else we're bringing before we 'assign' the rest of the dishes to the rest of the family. This year I'm making broccoli-cheese casserole.

This year my daughter (and my sister -- she's a teacher at the same school) have the Wednesday before off of school so there's not quite so much rushing around this time as there has been in previous years. I would volunteer to come over early to help my sister but having to bring my rambunctious 3yo with me kinda cancels out any help I could offer. :p

Supposedly my sister's not-boyfriend boyfriend is coming & it will be the first time any of us are meeting him so it will be a more exciting Thanksgiving than any in recent memory. :)

LynnZant 11-13-2017 03:15 PM

I get my pants on and drive to my sisters. LOL Although, I am bringing a few sides and some deserts.

rach3975 11-13-2017 03:58 PM

Lots of laundry, packing, and then a 6 or 8 hour drive depending which family member is hosting. Most of my family is in Connecticut and New York; we're the outliers who have to travel. Thanksgiving is the holiday my extended family all gets together for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JMC1988 11-13-2017 09:39 PM

I make a list of what dishes we want and a shopping list from that. We are hosting this year for the first time in quite a few years and I do ALL of the cooking. This year I am keeping is low key and simple and not overdoing it as I usually like to do. We are having Ham, turkey, dressing and a few sides and desserts and that's it. For the past 3-5 years we have went to Cracker Barrel for Thanksgiving Dinner with family but I wanted a home cooked Thanksgiving this year!

renatasluis 11-14-2017 03:08 AM

We don't celebrate thanksgiving in the netherlands

marlathrall 11-14-2017 06:58 PM

I'm making a list today and going to the store tomorrow! My dad will handle the turkey and my grammy will bring a pie or two. Other then that, I'm doing everything since my sister has a newborn this year.

cherrygutz 11-17-2017 02:26 AM

It's just the three of us (2 adults and 1 picky eater) so it was a bit hard for me to list down what to cook, also especially now that my husband and I are counting our callories :p So I've started checking on my "healthy recipe book" for decent food we could eat. Well anyway, it's holiday so maybe we could do the cheat day :D