Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New here :) (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85547)

lissiejo 10-07-2016 06:25 PM

New here :)

I'm not really new to the store, but I've only just started posting in the forum. I used to be on a CT and posted in forums all the time, but after my designers' shoppes closed I just sort of dropped off the forums for a while!

Soooo...I've been digi scrapping for 6 years and have loved learning all about this new way to preserve memories! My girls are 11, 9, and 7 and we homeschool. They all have their own scrapbooks started as well, but they are the traditional kind.

I'm a pastor's wife, piano teacher, English teacher, homeschool teacher, author, and reader. My life is busy, but I'm making time to scrapbook more faithfully each week! I'm nervous about sharing layouts again because I don't feel like I'm all that spectacular or really know what I'm doing. It took me 3 years to figure out how to shadow! I'm going to start being brave and posting my layouts!

YepBrook 10-07-2016 06:30 PM

Welcome! Awesome to have you here! I am a homeschooler, too. :) Don't be nervous about posting layouts! This is a great place to hang out, it's one of the first places I started posting digi pages. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. The tutorial section is awesome if you want to learn more, too.

Valgal 10-07-2016 07:43 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Libby Pritchett 10-07-2016 08:04 PM

Melissa! You found us! :wub: So glad you're joining us. Post away, girlie!

Neverland Scraps 10-07-2016 08:12 PM

Welcome, welcome!! So glad you are jumping back in to the forums!! I know it's always hard when your designer's store closes and you are homeless. It's a rough transition! I homeschool two of my three (well, one doesn't count because he's three!) It's great to see another homeschooling family!! And like you, that's the one thing I wish someone told me about when I first started scrapping--shadows! If I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat! I can't wait to see your layouts and get to know you better!

nietis 10-07-2016 09:13 PM

Welcome to the sweetest spot in town! :) I cannot wait to see your layouts in the gallery! :D

icindi 10-07-2016 09:38 PM

Welcome! I homeschool, too and know there's other homeschoolers among digi scrappers! I have two boys still homeschooling, 10th and 11th grade. There are some REALLY talented scrappers here who can seem a little intimidating but everyone is super nice!

jak 10-07-2016 11:52 PM

Welcome, you will love it here!

lissiejo 10-08-2016 07:06 AM

Thank you for all the kind comments! I'm already glad I'm jumping back into forum life :)

eve11ne 10-08-2016 05:02 PM

welcome, welcome!! :wub:

Captivated Visions 10-08-2016 05:30 PM

Hiya welcome here!!

LeeAndra 10-08-2016 08:38 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you here & looking forward to getting to know you. :hugs:

Sweeet 10-08-2016 10:34 PM

Welcome to SSD. You will LOVE it here!!

carrie1977 10-10-2016 04:53 PM

Welcome back to the forum life!! Happy to have you here!

kendallt 10-11-2016 08:32 AM

Welcome to SSD! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to get to know you better. :) Like everyone else has said, all the folks here are so kind and supportive, so please don't hesitate to post your pages. And I know I speak for everyone when I say if there is anything you need, or if you have questions about the site or anything else, just let us know. Glad you're here!