Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long will it last? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80569)

Kiana 02-25-2015 02:31 PM

How long will it last?

So we always ask how long we've been scrapping, but how long do you think you will scrap? Forever? Do you think you'd ever stop (gasp) scrapping?

kelley 02-25-2015 02:44 PM

I doubt I'll ever stop. I'm sure there will be lulls in the action - in fact, I just got over a big lull due to a dying computer and reallllly slow PS. So I didn't scrap hardly at all for like 6 months because slow PS = no fun scrapping. Now thankfully I'm back in the game. But seriously - I figure I'll probably scrap a bit less as the kids get older (even though I'll def still do pages about myself), but then once I have grandkids I'll prob be back to scrapping like crazy.

carrie1977 02-25-2015 02:46 PM

I don't see myself stopping. It's my only creative outlet. I NEED that!

nesser1981 02-25-2015 02:52 PM

I don't see myself ever stopping either, I'm sure the amount I scrap will slow down as the kids get older. But I've done scrapping in some way since high school, so that's been 17 years or so.

MamaBee 02-25-2015 02:55 PM

I don't think I will stop scrapping - this is the longest I ever stuck with anything... hahaha!

Now, if I could find more time to do it, that would help! :p

JennNtheBoys 02-25-2015 03:10 PM

I don't see myself stopping ever..... my scrap style will probably change, I may have less to scrap as the kids get older, and then much different topics to scrap when they are all grown and on their own, but I won't ever stop.

NeverendingJen 02-25-2015 03:12 PM

I will never stop documenting. I've always done so. however, the method and style I am sure will change as times change.

Nixenkind 02-25-2015 04:09 PM

I love my Project Life far too much to see myself ever stopping... I want to scrap my kids finishing school and getting married and having babies...

mariewilcox 02-25-2015 04:23 PM

I'll probably scrap and quilt for as long as I can.

Unfortunately that probably won't be as long as I would like (as in until I can't function- lol) since I have macular degeneration and will likely start losing "normal" sight long before I'm ready. It totally runs in my family and my mother has been unable to see anything but wavy yellow lines since she was about 60 or so :crying: In fact, I'm currently a bit frantic about scrapping and quilting because there are so many projects I want to do and although 10 to 15 years sounds like a lot of time it really isn't.

rach3975 02-25-2015 04:28 PM

I've been digiscrapping for 11 years so far. Like others said, I'm sure that there will be times in the future that I don't scrap as consistently as I do now. But as long as the hobby and digital scrapping stores exist, I think I'll continue to scrap. My oldest child is only 11 now, but one day I'm going to want to record travel, my kids' visits home, work accomplishments for me and DH, my grandkids, etc.

michelepixels 02-25-2015 04:45 PM

If you had asked me three years ago I would have said I'll never stop scrapping; I wouldn't have been able to imagine it because I've been documenting my life in scrapbooks and journals since I was a kid in the 1980s. But a few years ago I began seriously studying photography and with that and life in general, I found myself not managing to scrap much.

So now I can imagine the possibility of stopping, because I nearly did. At least in the form of scrapping with these beautiful kits we have available online. I will probably always print my photos in photobooks, which, while arranging the photos, gives me some of the joy of scrapping.

But I missed digiscrapping so much last year I've made a big effort to get back into this year. And I'm pretty sure I'll always want to embellish my photobooks in some way.

Jennilyn 02-25-2015 06:09 PM

I don't think I'll ever stop. I may take long hiatuses (like I just did...almost 2 years and only 1 page done), but I will always be a scrapper.

ETA: Guess I should change my siggy as I'm not on anyone's CT anymore. :(

marlathrall 02-25-2015 06:21 PM

I could totally see myself embellishing less and less and making simpler style pages for photo books, but I don't imagine I will ever quit all together.

Kiana 02-25-2015 07:54 PM

Great answers ladies and I agree with you all!!!

I think there will be ups and downs but I don't think I'll stop as long as I've got something to scrap about, even if it's just me and hubby! Lol

lovely1m 02-25-2015 08:29 PM

I've scrapped for almost 9 years digitally. 9 years before that paper scrapped. I think I always will, but I am in a major lull right now.

Sherri Tierney 02-25-2015 08:31 PM

I've always done some form of scrapping as well. Even when I feel as though I've stopped, I still managed to have a couple of pages a month. I don't foresee me every 'stopping'. When I'm in a lull I use quickpages or scrap less.

My daughter is 12 and has decided she wants to take up digiscrapping. I will be working with her to teach her photoshop and I can't wait to see how she scraps her story. :)

abm234 02-25-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariewilcox (Post 1062737852)
I'll probably scrap and quilt for as long as I can.

Unfortunately that probably won't be as long as I would like (as in until I can't function- lol) since I have macular degeneration and will likely start losing "normal" sight long before I'm ready. It totally runs in my family and my mother has been unable to see anything but wavy yellow lines since she was about 60 or so :crying: In fact, I'm currently a bit frantic about scrapping and quilting because there are so many projects I want to do and although 10 to 15 years sounds like a lot of time it really isn't.

I didn't know this Marie and I'm so sorry to hear! I would feel the same way about trying to get as much done as possible!

crystalbella77 02-25-2015 09:24 PM

I think I'll do it for as long as I can. I have had to take some breaks here and there because of health issues and what not, but I always come back!