Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Issues adding description in the gallery (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91118)

chloe 07-26-2019 04:43 AM

Issues adding description in the gallery

Hey there! I posted my LO for the Getaway first challenge and I couldn't add a description. I wrote it down on the first page, it disappeared on the second one, I wrote it again there, it disappeared in the gallery, I even tried editing the posted LO to add the description, didn't work either. Am I the only one? Any idea how to fix this? TIA for your help!

Saar 07-26-2019 05:06 AM

Can you show us what you wrote?

Did you use any 'strange' symbols? Sometimes the gallery acts 'funny' when people add strange symbols in their description.

AmieN1 07-26-2019 11:51 AM

That has happened to me too chloe. It usually happens when I try to add the journaling = lots of characters. I'm assuming there's a limit.

chloe 07-26-2019 12:03 PM

Here was the text:

Extra Extra | Traci Reed & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Mr & Mrs | Digilicious Designs
Heavy Hearted and Little Sew And Sew - Lines | Erica Zane
Vintage Finds - Stencil and spray n°1 | Jennifer Barrette

So the only "weird" caracter was |. Could it be it?

carrie1977 07-26-2019 12:08 PM

Could be. Try a dash or type "by" instead and see if that helps. Could also be the ampersand. Change that to "and" maybe. It also looks like you have a degree symbol. I'd remove that also. The gallery can be finicky for sure.

craftytam 07-26-2019 12:58 PM

I've had that happen. It can be frustrating for sure!
I take out any special characters & always use Tahoma font. Usually that works.

chloe 07-26-2019 05:28 PM

Thanks for the tips, ladies!!

Leablahblah 07-26-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1062966581)
I've had that happen. It can be frustrating for sure!
I take out any special characters & always use Tahoma font. Usually that works.

wow I've never even thought of switching the font! lol

it happens to me sometimes too. So frustrating. It's usually when I tried adding quotes.

chloe 07-27-2019 11:44 AM

Ok, I tried without all the weird characters and it worked this time!! Thank you everyone!!

carrie1977 07-27-2019 02:27 PM

Yay!

Saar 07-28-2019 02:44 AM

Yay! Glad it worked. My guess is that it was the degree symbol causing the problem.

chloe 07-28-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saar (Post 1062966687)
Yay! Glad it worked. My guess is that it was the degree symbol causing the problem.

Yep, I had no time otherwise I would have tried dropping one special character at a time to figure out which one(s) were causing the trouble! I'm a scientist like that! :D

a84martin 07-29-2019 10:44 AM

I also had the same problem.
Here is my wording:

Here is my Entry for the Summer Getaway 2019!
I guess my favorite color would be Ocean! (Teal-ish)
Journaling reads as follows: I have the best of both worlds, country and city living. I get to raise my children where they can run free, fish in our pond, or just live a quiet life; I also know that the wonders of St. Louis are only 20 minutes away. It’s only 20 minutes to a Cardinal ball game, a trip to the StL Zoo, museums, concerts, old architecture, a city with history (both good and bad), people of every culture which means celebrations of every culture, food from every culture, and I love knowing that in a moment’s notice we can be a part of it!

jacinda 07-29-2019 02:58 PM

Tray taking out the exclamation marks.

a84martin 08-01-2019 01:42 PM

I took out the following : ; ( ) ! and I removed some of the words and I still cannot add the description to my layout.
Summer Getaway 2019. Color is Ocean, Teal-ish
Journaling, I have the best of both worlds, country and city living. I get to raise my children where they can run free, fish in our pond, or just live a quiet life, I also know that the wonders of St. Louis are only 20 minutes away. It’s only 20 minutes to a Cardinal ball game, a trip to the StL Zoo, museums, concerts, old architecture, a city with history, both good and bad, people of every culture which means celebrations of every culture, food from every culture, and I love knowing that in a moment’s notice we can be a part of it.

craftytam 08-01-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a84martin (Post 1062967094)
I took out the following : ; ( ) ! and I removed some of the words and I still cannot add the description to my layout.
Summer Getaway 2019. Color is Ocean, Teal-ish
Journaling, I have the best of both worlds, country and city living. I get to raise my children where they can run free, fish in our pond, or just live a quiet life, I also know that the wonders of St. Louis are only 20 minutes away. It’s only 20 minutes to a Cardinal ball game, a trip to the StL Zoo, museums, concerts, old architecture, a city with history, both good and bad, people of every culture which means celebrations of every culture, food from every culture, and I love knowing that in a moment’s notice we can be a part of it.

I couldn't add my journaling, but just the credits.
Maybe edit with just your kit credits and then add your journaling as a comment?

BettyJoR 08-05-2019 10:32 PM

Thanks so much for this thread. I removed the hyphen - and it finally accepted it.

KimGeling 02-16-2020 09:42 PM

I'm having this problem today too. Not doing anything I don't normally do, no unusual characters that I don't always use... exactly the same as usual. Will try again in a while.

Neverland Scraps 02-16-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimGeling (Post 1062990155)
I'm having this problem today too. Not doing anything I don't normally do, no unusual characters that I don't always use... exactly the same as usual. Will try again in a while.

I have found that periods ( . ) have been doing it for me lately.
Do you have any of them in your descriptions?

KimGeling 02-16-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1062990158)
I have found that periods ( . ) have been doing it for me lately.
Do you have any of them in your descriptions?

I just went back and took out everything and it worked. I posted multiple descriptions yesterday and they all had hash tags, colons, hypens and even brackets with no issues... very strange! Thanks.