Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You know you're a scrapbooker when . . . (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94495)

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 07:29 PM

You know you're a scrapbooker when . . .

. . . a tropical storm is coming your way and your first worry is losing power so you can't create your Shadowbox layout and won't be able to upload and you'll lose your 50% discount. :D :blink:

Are there any exceptions for Acts of God? :o

Tree City 08-15-2021 08:12 PM

Scrap quickly, Cheryl!
Okay, all jokes aside, I hope you're safe and your electricity doesn't shut off. It's way too hot and humid right now to lose it no matter what, especially when scrapping for these challenges!

joelsgirl 08-15-2021 08:16 PM

Surely, right??

I hope you're safe, Cheryl, and that you are able to complete your layout and get it uploaded quickly!

joelsgirl 08-15-2021 08:17 PM

Surely, right??

I hope you're safe, Cheryl, and that you are able to complete your layout and get it uploaded quickly!

tjscraps 08-15-2021 08:22 PM

Hahaha - I made hubby come home from camping early so I wouldn't miss out on the first two days...

But - I think as long as you do them all by the final deadline you're good, even if you miss the 48 hours on each for the freebie

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree City (Post 1063058870)
Scrap quickly, Cheryl!
Okay, all jokes aside, I hope you're safe and your electricity doesn't shut off. It's way too hot and humid right now to lose it no matter what, especially when scrapping for these challenges!

Oh, you know I can go fast! LOL

https://media.giphy.com/media/B1uajA...rtsp/giphy.gif

And lordy, the heat and humidity, please spare me from that. When we lost power in the fall with Hurricane Sally, UGH. So miserable.

https://media.giphy.com/media/FSWvrMFZexx8k/giphy.gif

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsgirl (Post 1063058873)
Surely, right??

Thank you so much!

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjscraps (Post 1063058874)
Hahaha - I made hubby come home from camping early so I wouldn't miss out on the first two days...

But - I think as long as you do them all by the final deadline you're good, even if you miss the 48 hours on each for the freebie

Oh my gosh! You're right! I suppose I can bear losing one or two freebies as long as I get to keep my discount. Ha! It's really been awesome to get back into creating daily again.

weaselwatchr 08-15-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonewiththewind (Post 1063058891)
Oh my gosh! You're right! I suppose I can bear losing one or two freebies as long as I get to keep my discount. Ha! It's really been awesome to get back into creating daily again.

Scrap faster! Sounds like y’all should get a generator. That’s a scrap expense right? :w00t:

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaselwatchr (Post 1063058893)
Scrap faster! Sounds like y’all should get a generator. That’s a scrap expense right? :w00t:

We have a generator, and we can run a small window unit (what we did last year after Hurricane Sally) alternating with the refrigerator and a lamp or two. I didn't try to use my computer because even though we have a surge protector, I'm still nervous about power spikes that could damage my computer. I might have to bite the bullet and scrap on my iPad. I'm so used to scrapping at my desktop that I think it might be an exercise in frustration. :D

iScrap 08-15-2021 10:18 PM

Hopefully the power stays on and you all stay comfy and cool!

weaselwatchr 08-15-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonewiththewind (Post 1063058895)
We have a generator, and we can run a small window unit (what we did last year after Hurricane Sally) alternating with the refrigerator and a lamp or two. I didn't try to use my computer because even though we have a surge protector, I'm still nervous about power spikes that could damage my computer. I might have to bite the bullet and scrap on my iPad. I'm so used to scrapping at my desktop that I think it might be an exercise in frustration. :D

I’m so used to scrapping on my computer that when hubby got me a new one because mine was running slow and PSE kept crashing, I still used my old computer and he has the new one. I couldn’t even imagine scrapping on an iPad.

LJSDesigns 08-15-2021 11:28 PM

So this has got me thinking. Can I buy a generator and write it off as a business expense so that I can keep working even when the power goes out? It seems legitimate to me and I really want a generator and I really would work if the power was out because my office is in the basement which is the safest place to be during bad weather in Indiana. ;)

Stay safe, Cheryl.

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iScrap (Post 1063058900)
Hopefully the power stays on and you all stay comfy and cool!

Yes, I'll take any and all positive thoughts! Power on, A/C running . . .

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weaselwatchr (Post 1063058901)
I’m so used to scrapping on my computer that when hubby got me a new one because mine was running slow and PSE kept crashing, I still used my old computer and he has the new one. I couldn’t even imagine scrapping on an iPad.

:D That's so funny! I know when I've gotten new computers, just getting used to the new tech is stressful. If I just jump in and try it, I'm sure I'll be fine on the iPad. I just don't like that most everything I've read, you don't have much in the way of shadow styles, and I'm addicted to mine.

gonewiththewind 08-15-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJSDesigns (Post 1063058903)
So this has got me thinking. Can I buy a generator and write it off as a business expense so that I can keep working even when the power goes out? It seems legitimate to me and I really want a generator and I really would work if the power was out because my office is in the basement which is the safest place to be during bad weather in Indiana. ;)

Stay safe, Cheryl.

Thanks so much! And I think it should count as a business expense. You are buying it so that you can continue working. Check with your tax preparer!

LynnZant 08-16-2021 07:08 AM

Stay safe, Cheryl! Those storms are looking nasty. I hope you can get your work done in time.

StacyLynn 08-16-2021 07:26 AM

Oh my! Be safe and cool! Hopefully you get it done in time!

I always charge up my laptop before a storm just in case... but luckily we do have a generator (electrician hubby set it up so most of the house runs on it... I only lose my AC, dryer, stove and pool pump... last storm we did discover we cannot use instant pot and toaster oven at the same time...lol)

StacyLynn 08-16-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJSDesigns (Post 1063058903)

Stay safe, Cheryl.

I totally think you could write it off!! Especially if you loose power often!!

jaye 08-16-2021 08:11 AM

Stay safe Cheryl!

We had a big storm last week and our power was out was 4 hours. Went out just before dinner. Thankfully I had been to the deli earlier in the day, so ham sandwiches on fresh buns with veggies for dinner it was.

Neverland Scraps 08-16-2021 08:26 AM

Yup, that is when you know you are a scrapbooker!!! :D
https://media1.giphy.com/media/S6HEz...5uuo/giphy.gif

I think as long as you complete all 31 layouts, you are eligible for the coupon. You stay safe!! We've had some nasty storms blowing through here the past few days, some that even took our power out as well!!! :wub:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/2tRkg...dwR1nu/200.gif

Kimberly27 08-16-2021 10:52 AM

Stay safe. I would be worried too...I don't care about TV or having the lights but my computer better not die on me. LOL I took it with me on our long road trip and hubby questioned me...I was like we might have some down time and I can scrap but at least I have it to download pics...I used it ONCE maybe twice. LOL There is ZERO downtime on vacations with hubby. :) He is like a cruise director with a fancy itinerary.

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnZant (Post 1063058932)
Stay safe, Cheryl! Those storms are looking nasty. I hope you can get your work done in time.

Looks like the storm took a jog to the east, so that's good for us, but bad for the neighboring counties. We should only experience rain now.

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyLynn (Post 1063058933)
Oh my! Be safe and cool! Hopefully you get it done in time!

I always charge up my laptop before a storm just in case... but luckily we do have a generator (electrician hubby set it up so most of the house runs on it... I only lose my AC, dryer, stove and pool pump... last storm we did discover we cannot use instant pot and toaster oven at the same time...lol)

Looks like the storm is going to the east of us. We should only get rain later today. whew

I would love a generator for our entire home. Will your generator run a window unit and a refrigerator at the same time, along with lights and fans?

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaye (Post 1063058938)
Stay safe Cheryl!

We had a big storm last week and our power was out was 4 hours. Went out just before dinner. Thankfully I had been to the deli earlier in the day, so ham sandwiches on fresh buns with veggies for dinner it was.

Yes, we have stuff for sandwiches along with other hurricane food stuffs. If we do lose power and the storm has passed, Jay can always cook on his Blackstone grill. :thumbup:

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps (Post 1063058940)
Yup, that is when you know you are a scrapbooker!!! :D
https://media1.giphy.com/media/S6HEz...5uuo/giphy.gif

I think as long as you complete all 31 layouts, you are eligible for the coupon. You stay safe!! We've had some nasty storms blowing through here the past few days, some that even took our power out as well!!! :wub:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/2tRkg...dwR1nu/200.gif

Ha! Great gifs!

Looks like the storm is going to the east of us.

Someone earlier in the thread reminded me that as long as I do all 31 layouts, I'll be good for the discount code. :thumbup:

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly27 (Post 1063058965)
Stay safe. I would be worried too...I don't care about TV or having the lights but my computer better not die on me. LOL I took it with me on our long road trip and hubby questioned me...I was like we might have some down time and I can scrap but at least I have it to download pics...I used it ONCE maybe twice. LOL There is ZERO downtime on vacations with hubby. :) He is like a cruise director with a fancy itinerary.

Going to the east of us! Whew! Hopefully we'll just have rain and won't lose power.

That's funny about your hubby . . . most of the time it's the women who plan vacations. I would have to make sure he put me having computer time on the itinerary! :p

craftytam 08-16-2021 01:17 PM

I'm so glad it's missing you!! Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful. Stay safe and dry.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2Lz...X3IQ/giphy.gif

StacyLynn 08-16-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonewiththewind (Post 1063058989)
Looks like the storm is going to the east of us. We should only get rain later today. whew

I would love a generator for our entire home. Will your generator run a window unit and a refrigerator at the same time, along with lights and fans?

Yes ours will. I just would have to make sure I'm not using things that draw lots of power at the same time (blow dryer, microwave, ip) We have an emergency air conditioner in the shed just in case. The generator gets hooked right in to my electric panel, I just need to turn off all the 2pole breakers (Central AC, Dryer and stove) we choose not to run the pool unless we absolutely need too.

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytam (Post 1063059000)
I'm so glad it's missing you!! Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful. Stay safe and dry.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2Lz...X3IQ/giphy.gif

I see you, and I raise you . . .

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZeimGY...kSZL/giphy.gif

gonewiththewind 08-16-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyLynn (Post 1063059019)
Yes ours will. I just would have to make sure I'm not using things that draw lots of power at the same time (blow dryer, microwave, ip) We have an emergency air conditioner in the shed just in case. The generator gets hooked right in to my electric panel, I just need to turn off all the 2pole breakers (Central AC, Dryer and stove) we choose not to run the pool unless we absolutely need too.

You are SO blessed! I will dream . . . :D

craftytam 08-16-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonewiththewind (Post 1063059046)

ROFL!
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1KVb1...3WjS/giphy.gif