Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top 3 things I can't scrap without (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88832)

anelia 04-04-2018 01:18 PM

Top 3 things I can't scrap without

What are your 3 top must-have items in a kit that you can't live (or scrap) without?
For me, those must be: flowers, themed elements and proper word arts/word bits.
Seriously, I can add more but trying to limit them to three that would allow me to make a complete, creative and expressive layout with minimal means :)
I can scrap without frames, bows/ribbons (though I LOVE them), buttons, cards, even without foliage and paper but I don't know what to do if there are no flowers :D
What about you? :)

Leablahblah 04-04-2018 01:42 PM

Yes flowers!
And I just found a kit that doesn't have any solids and I'm finding myself bothered. I know I can easily turn a white paper into any color from the kit but I feel like I'm cheating! lol So I will say a good mix of pattern and solid papers.
For the third one I would have to say leaves or foliage.

Close behind is titles. It's always hard for me to come up with catching titles and I love the ones created by the designers.

clearskies 04-04-2018 01:56 PM

Solid papers (especially a white one)

Straight ribbons

Multiple repeating elements for layering (flowers, stars, etc)

adi&co. 04-04-2018 02:02 PM

A good mix of paper patterns that work well together. I really hate when I have a gorgeous kit but I can't get the patterns to mix well. I like having super patterned, lightly patterned, and then solid. If I have that in a kit, I'm happy!

I also need a variety of flowers and colors. I don't like when the same flower is recolored 3 or 4 times. I'd rather have 3 or 4 different flowers in different colors!

I also need an alpha that matches the kit but is contrasting enough that it will show up against the papers. It frustrates me when there's a great alpha but it becomes almost invisible when you put it on your layout!

Leablahblah 04-04-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi&co. (Post 1062913924)
A good mix of paper patterns that work well together. I really hate when I have a gorgeous kit but I can't get the patterns to mix well. I like having super patterned, lightly patterned, and then solid. If I have that in a kit, I'm happy!

I also need a variety of flowers and colors. I don't like when the same flower is recolored 3 or 4 times. I'd rather have 3 or 4 different flowers in different colors!

I also need an alpha that matches the kit but is contrasting enough that it will show up against the papers. It frustrates me when there's a great alpha but it becomes almost invisible when you put it on your layout!

ooh good points!

adi&co. 04-04-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luan37 (Post 1062913916)
Yes flowers!
I know I can easily turn a white paper into any color from the kit but I feel like I'm cheating!

:D oh geeze don't feel that way! I recolor stuff to fit my page needs all the time! if I like the look of a flower but it's the wrong color, I change it. The only time I don't do this is when I"m doing a page for a CT that I know will be used for advertising purposes

stormchaser 04-04-2018 03:27 PM

Flowers, solid papers and foliage... yes I’m a leaves, branch, twigs & berries kind of gal... love me some clustering,it feels more organic with the real looking leaves.

jacinda 04-04-2018 03:30 PM

Flowers
Foliage
Solid papers

LeeAndra 04-04-2018 03:57 PM

wordart
splatters/scatters/painty bits
a lightly patterned paper

aussiegirl 04-04-2018 04:12 PM

It's hard to pick only 3 when I agree with what everyone has said! :)

So, I will narrow it down to my top 3:
flowers and foliage (I need both)
word art or word tabs (I hate doing titles, so this helps me so much!)
a mix of pattern and solid papers

ellasspace 04-04-2018 06:14 PM

My main 3
“Realistic” Greenery /Flowers abundant flowers
Pocket cards and
patterned papers

joelsgirl 04-04-2018 06:22 PM

I'm in the flowers, foliage & solid papers club.

But I don't buy a kit if it doesn't have a color scheme I like and at least one pp that makes me happy (usually big flowers, plaid or dots).

ErinShannon 04-04-2018 07:00 PM

Flowers/foliage that are realistic - I prefer that over sticker flowers, etc.
Good assortment of papers

Really that is all I absolutely need...now if I were to get picky I'd say ribbons or string as well. LOL

DisneyMom 04-05-2018 07:16 AM

Fasteners! I have to have stitches, staples, buttons. Makes me feel good when it looks like I have actually attached elements to my page.

Kraft textured paper is my fav, with folds/creases.

lables/journal paper

ChristineF 04-06-2018 01:33 PM

Flowers, papers and preferably pocket cards. If not pocket cards, then I’d want ribbons or titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neverland Scraps 04-06-2018 01:59 PM

Flowers
Greenery
Paint/Scatters

I mean I could do without the last two, but I NEED my flowers! I feel like my pages are flat if I don't have some depth on it from a flower! :D

Neverland Scraps 04-06-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinShannon (Post 1062913998)
Flowers/foliage that are realistic - I prefer that over sticker flowers, etc.
Good assortment of papers

Really that is all I absolutely need...now if I were to get picky I'd say ribbons or string as well. LOL

http://www.sciencefocus.com/sites/de...08/qa_gasp.jpg

but, but, but.....I love the sticker flowers from Flergs, KCB and others. . . .

littlekiwi 04-07-2018 04:20 AM

At first I would have said templates but I’m getting better at using other methods to get the creative juices going so my top three ish would be

good mix of patterns and solids
paint/stitching/washi (can’t decide between them)
Word Art

Sneaky last one....Photoshop Styles

rach3975 04-07-2018 09:28 AM

Just 3?! I'll try...

Natural elements (ha-covered flowers and foliage in one!)

Non-floral elements-if I had to choose one I'd go with paint. Stars would be my runner up.

A good mix of solid papers and smaller scale patterned papers. A few of the patterns need to have all the colors to help tie everything together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

nesser1981 04-07-2018 10:34 AM

ACDsee, I don't think I'd be able to survive it I had to actually sort through all of my stash again.

Flowers and a good mix of papers.

JennNtheBoys 04-07-2018 01:07 PM

This is so difficult to think of just 3 things.... I guess the 3 things I use the most are: Solid Black and or White paper, paint (just a little something to add interest to any solid paper used) and lastly..... word strips.

There are so many more things I 'need' every time I scrap, however I have a hard time with journaling, and get lazy when it comes to using Alphas so word strips (or even cards with simple sayings / quotes) are definitely a top priority for me.

craftytam 04-07-2018 03:18 PM

A good assortment of flowers/foliage & great paper selections are musts. An added bonus are theme/unique elements.

Sheana 04-07-2018 05:43 PM

Flowers
Word art/titles
Wood grain paper - or solids but I'm a sucker for a wood grain

aurian 04-07-2018 06:47 PM

Painty bits and/or splatters, ribbons and flowers.

I love some good solid (or textured) papers too.

misfitinmn 04-07-2018 10:12 PM

Paper assortment - my preference is at least 1 multicolored paper that includes every color in the scheme, a variety of lightly patterned papers (tone on tone) one in each color of the scheme, and solids (PLEASE white or kraft or some neutral)
Flowers/foliage - I'm cheating and including both. I am okay with any variety of this, including stickers.
Wordy bits - not in card form, but small strips with words or sayings on them, I could scrap without them but I looooove using them.

Quantum_Leap 04-07-2018 10:22 PM

Oh, I thought you meant like, (1) the kids asleep, (2) a glass of wine, (3) the T.V. on in the background. LOL

SeattleSheri 04-07-2018 10:37 PM

Here's the thing, it's not just 3 things for me ... if kits are missing integral components, they are much harder to scrap with. IMO there is a standard list things every kit must have.

Solid papers
Patterned papers
Flowers
Foliage
Frames
Paint/brushes
Stitches
Staples
Buttons
Cards
Word art / word strips
Ribbons
Bows
Alphas
Confetti, paint or scatters
Tags
Banners
Doilies
Tape

Neverland Scraps 04-07-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum_Leap (Post 1062914399)
Oh, I thought you meant like, (1) the kids asleep, (2) a glass of wine, (3) the T.V. on in the background. LOL

The best ever!! :D

adi&co. 04-08-2018 01:47 AM

staples!! I wish more kits had staples. I love stapling stuff on!