Sweet Shoppe Community

Sweet Shoppe Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   A Sweet Little Community (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tattoo? (https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39848)

neenee 02-27-2010 08:54 PM

Tattoo?

Okay Mari's post about her new tattoo got me wondering how many around here have one. Sometimes the people you least expect to have one do. So, if you have one and want to share ..... tell us what you have and where.

heathergw 02-27-2010 08:57 PM

I have a rose on my belly... when I'm done having kids I plan on having a coverup done... the rose has no meaning other than I was young and just picked it off the wall... the coverup will be something to represent my lost babies... I also want a mother's knot on my upper back.

neenee 02-27-2010 08:58 PM

I'll start....I have one.

Got it when I was 30. It was a Valentine's Day gift from DH. It is a very large butterfly that goes across the small of my back but, you can't see it from the sides or in front. Is about 10" x 8" probably.....guessing....

I am still just in love with it as I was the day I got it. The only thing I don't like is that I don't get to see it unless I look back into a mirror or there is a very few and far between pic of it.

neenee 02-27-2010 09:00 PM

ha ha...Heather beat me to the start...so ignore that part. :p

emmasmommy 02-27-2010 09:05 PM

i hvae the girls names with cherry blossoms on my foot and a treble clef with ivy running through it on my ankle.

Paula 02-27-2010 09:13 PM

Absolutely no ink here and there won't ever be.

ETA: I don't have anything against getting tattoos, only the pain involved in getting them. LMAO

carriesmom 02-27-2010 09:14 PM

I don't have one. I have never found anything that I would want on my body forever. I have nothing personal against tattoos though, it is a personal choice.

Milmomma 02-27-2010 09:15 PM

Several, and several more to go when we get back :)

MamaBee 02-27-2010 09:16 PM

No tattoos here... I'm afraid of pain. :unsure: and hubby hates tattoos, I think he would leave me if I got one...

Stacey42 02-27-2010 09:17 PM

I have 4. I got my first when I was 30 - a purple mushroom on my ankle, then I got a chinese character that means enjoy youreslf on the other ankle. When I was 32 I had a celtic tree knot done on my left lower back. At 35 I had a wreath of autumn leaves, acorns & pinecones done on my right shoulder. At 38 I had the celtic knot enhanced with a circular wave pattern around it. I'm working on a design now for tree of life, with a crescent moon & my kids' names for my 44th birthday next year (because it will take me that long to save up enough to pay for it)

iJenny 02-27-2010 09:23 PM

When I was in HS I got a small ladybug (the size of a dime) on my right foot above my pinkie and 4th toes.

A few years ago I got two little ladybugs added (for the boys) along with a bunch of leaves, etc. Its now larger than a golfball, but smaller than a tennis ball.

NeverendingJen 02-27-2010 09:27 PM

no ink here, tho I do have a tat planned for when I am completely done having kids...something to represent them, but not certain I will get it.

Jennilyn 02-27-2010 09:32 PM

I don't have any, just because it's too hard of a decision to pick something that will be on me forever (& it's expensive). Hubby got one done last summer that cost $340 just to do the outline! Eventually it'll get some color and shading, whenever we have an extra $500 :unsure:

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...oLOSample1.jpg

dana 02-27-2010 09:32 PM

i have one on my hip - got it in college - it's a sun with a moon and a star inside - something my sister drew/designed for me ... i've always wanted to get another one - but not sure what or where ... and now i'm getting old - LOL - so i doubt i'll really ever do it again ;)

Tracyfish 02-27-2010 09:39 PM

None here...heck I change clothes ten times before leaving the house and you want me to pick something I have to wear everyday HAHAHAHA!!!

You're right though, sometimes it's the people you least expect to have them that do.

pewtertm 02-27-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula (Post 617229)

ETA: I don't have anything against getting tattoos, only the pain involved in getting them. LMAO

What she said. Needles = no way. Proud to be a chicken!!!

Kat Stokes 02-27-2010 09:41 PM

I don't have one but have always wanted one. I just have never decided WHAT I want. And I would have to convince DH to get one... He doesn't like them on women. Of course he has two and plans on getting one more.

schock77 02-27-2010 09:42 PM

I want one, but I'm too chicken. My biggest fear is that they'll start it and it'll hurt, so I'll quit and have a line or something halfway done! :) I did design something I really like- maybe one day... DH wants one BAD- may get it for him as our 9 year anniversary is coming up. He wants one that incorporates our kids names (and since I know we're done, he's cleared to get it!) :)

Kat Stokes 02-27-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJenny (Post 617237)
When I was in HS I got a small ladybug (the size of a dime) on my right foot above my pinkie and 4th toes.

A few years ago I got two little ladybugs added (for the boys) along with a bunch of leaves, etc. Its now larger than a golfball, but smaller than a tennis ball.

That sounds CUTE!!!!

Traci Reed 02-27-2010 09:58 PM

I have a butterfly on my back (on the right shoulder) that represents my metamorphasis when I started dating my (now) husband and a pink star on my lower back that I got to represent my new adulthood. When I finally get my bikini body, I have a star/swirl large tattoo drawn out to get on my side, similar to this placement (but not the tattoo)

http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/c/n/1/081907l.jpg

I like that one, but I think I'd want it to be more vertical on only spread to the back a little bit..

neenee 02-27-2010 10:04 PM

I am not going to lie....the one on my lower back hurt more than everyone prepared me for. But, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I never cried or anything. It felt like a cigarette burn...

over and over and over

I think it hurt cuz of the fact that the small of the back has very little muscle tissue. But, it was worth every bit of uncomfortableness.

DH has one. An eagle with the US flag flying behind it on his upper arm. He wants two more.

I want one more that I know of right now. I wait forever to get them cuz I know that I have to live with it forever...I want to be happy with it and have meaning for me. I will never get a really big one again though....
and I like the fact that I can hide it easily....it sometimes peeks out when I bend over tho.....ahem...but that's what DH likes! :p

lauren grier 02-27-2010 10:13 PM

my skin is pure.. :p

lol i want two, but they're not exactly priorities at this point in life. they can wait :]

neenee 02-27-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traci Reed (Post 617262)
I have a butterfly on my back (on the right shoulder) that represents my metamorphasis when I started dating my (now) husband and a pink star on my lower back that I got to represent my new adulthood. When I finally get my bikini body, I have a star/swirl large tattoo drawn out to get on my side, similar to this placement (but not the tattoo)

I like that one, but I think I'd want it to be more vertical on only spread to the back a little bit..

That is BEAUTIFUL!

Totally the meaning behind my butterfly. Sorta. My symbolizes the metamorphosis of my life. Turning something that really seemed to have little hope, no place in the world into something beautiful and free.

Jenn Barrette 02-27-2010 10:19 PM

I have 2, a small pink heart on my ankle (symbolizes the first time I fell in love), and flower/vine on the inside of my left wrist (got it when I was 18).

jovi_girl 02-27-2010 10:21 PM

i have a lil chinese symbol on the back of my hip that means true/real. My reminder to be true to myself. Got that like the week i turned 18.

Two of my brothers and my sister have memorial tats for my dad who died when we were kids...Im going to get one as well, but i just havent been able to find a design i like enough, or a tattoo artist i trust to do a good job of it.

I will also eventually get one for my son, but im waiting til were done having kids incase i decide to just do the one tatto with all their names on it or something. Would like to get one for DH too, though i always said i would never get a guys name tattoo'ed on me. And eventually id like to get one for the baby we lost.

HeatherKS 02-27-2010 10:22 PM

I have two. Three pawprints on the top of my right foot to represent my kids and a volleyball on my right shoulderblade. I love, love my pawprints on my foot and love seeing them every day. I got the volleyball in college because I wanted one and couldn't decide what else to get. :p I've looked into having it covered up but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for to put over it. I know I want a cross but I don't know for sure what I want it to look like. And really, dh and I are the only ones that see it so I don't really care right now. lol

Dh has a Nike swoosh on his left shoulder and would like to get one to represent the kids. I designed three interlocking C's for him; he just hasn't gotten around to getting it done yet. :)

Lauren Reid 02-27-2010 10:44 PM

i have one on top of my left foot (a sun).

you can see part of it here...

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/...udidnt-web.jpg

scrappurple 02-27-2010 10:48 PM

Don't have one and never want one. ;)

rachaelsscraps 02-27-2010 11:01 PM

I DO! And I wanna get more eventually! :)

I have 4- a naked fairy! lol! (doesn't show anything, of course!), stars, a hibiscus flower with some tribal stuff running thru/around it, and a moon with some swirlies.

I want to get my kids names, but I'm not sure if we're going to have more or not, so I'm going to wait until we decide. I also want something to honor my childhood best friend who passed away a couple years ago but I'm not really sure what to do about that one.

lovely1m 02-27-2010 11:29 PM

This was #4, but my first one in about 10 years. I got a homemade India ink one when I was 14 on my chest, a tiny cross. I have a butterfly and my name on my shoulder blade and the Japanese word for dream with 2 stars and a moon on my low back. Plus today I got my fall leaves on my shoulder. I am also planning a dove with branches and my son's name was thinking of my foot, but I like this one so much I may get it on my other shoulder. I also want to have this big swirly, star like thing all across my low back and add a bunch of butterflies and branches around the old butterfly, it looks lonely now.

ETA, As far as pain, some places hurt more than others. Bone and fat hurt, a lot. Muscle, not so much. The outlining when it starts, hurts, but then you kind of go numb and it doesn't really hurt after that.

sarahbhb 02-27-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula (Post 617229)

Ditto!!!

amandabarugh 02-27-2010 11:58 PM

I have 3. I consider one unfinished, as I've always intended to add to it, and I have a 4th planned.

amandabarugh 02-28-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/c/n/1/081907l.jpg

This is very similar to what I want the one I consider to be unfinished to look like when it's done.

This is the start of mine (trying not to show you boobage ;)). Eventually, it will have more lilies, greenery, all my kiddos' names, and stretch to my hip, if not farther:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...h/P2180001.jpg

~Julie~ 02-28-2010 12:48 AM

I have an unfinished one around my ankle. Part of it is colored in and part is just the outline. I got it like 12 years ago and I want to get it covered up but I'm broke. Lol

jessica31876 02-28-2010 02:04 AM

I have none. I have three I want to get. When I have a couple hundred extra LOL. I want a vine on my wrist with daisies, a pixie/fairy on my shoulder and something to symbolize my three kids. Have not decided yet on that one. I was thinking three intertwining hearts but not sure yet. Im not so much afraid of the pain as to not liking what I have done. My husband has a panther on his arm and he hates it. He has looked into having it removed now a few times but its so expensive. I like his and told him I think he should get it finished. He is a wimp and said it hurt to much to finish LOL.

Julie Billingsley 02-28-2010 02:25 AM

I have tattoo makeup. My eyeliner is tattooed and my eyebrows were filled in with a tattoo because my eyebrows are really thin in some places. I had it done about 5 years ago and it needs to be recolored because tattoo makeup does fade away eventually. I liked the eyeliner a lot but I do like a thick line so I have to put eyeliner over it anyway. However it's nice to always have eyeliner on because my eyes are so light colored that they blend into my face if I don't have liner. I never was pleased with my brow tattoos because it was darker than I wanted. Now it's faded out enough that it's okay.

I will say that my friend had her brows, eyeliner, and lipstick done and I don't recommend the lipstick AT ALL. It just doesn't take right and always looks blotchy. I'm so sad for her.

kendallt 02-28-2010 02:27 AM

I don't have any, though I did get my bellybutton pierced in college! :p

I think I'm just too indecisive to do something so permanent. I'd be afraid of regretting it later, ya know?

Brandy 02-28-2010 02:31 AM

I have one on my shoulder and it's for Owen because I always tell him he's my shooting star lol (and that I heart Lauren ha!). He loves it lol and always asks to see his name. I got it in 08 and lol I am shocked I got it to be honest. I am TERRIFIED of needles. Seriously if I get blood drawn I am in tears by the time I'm done, but while the tattoo hurt A LOT I was very proud I was able to get it done lol. I'm getting another one in June/July for my grandma and it's going to be the cancer ribbon with Grandma across the middle and stars in the background (I heart stars SOOOO much lol).

ps. I sadly don't have the piercing anymore and YES the base of the tattoo is from a doodle set Lauren did a while ago lol!
https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...onpiercing.jpg

clearskies 02-28-2010 04:45 AM

None for me. No desire.

heathergw 02-28-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Billingsley (Post 617458)
I have tattoo makeup. My eyeliner is tattooed and my eyebrows were filled in with a tattoo because my eyebrows are really thin in some places. I had it done about 5 years ago and it needs to be recolored because tattoo makeup does fade away eventually. I liked the eyeliner a lot but I do like a thick line so I have to put eyeliner over it anyway. However it's nice to always have eyeliner on because my eyes are so light colored that they blend into my face if I don't have liner. I never was pleased with my brow tattoos because it was darker than I wanted. Now it's faded out enough that it's okay.

I will say that my friend had her brows, eyeliner, and lipstick done and I don't recommend the lipstick AT ALL. It just doesn't take right and always looks blotchy. I'm so sad for her.

I'd love to get my eyes done since I'm totally allergic to eye makeups.

mummytothree 02-28-2010 09:25 AM

When I was about 18 I got a lone little yellow daisy on my belly!! No real meaning, I was just feeling rebellious and I thought it was so cute!!! I remember the tattoo artist trying to talk me into something bigger cause he told me how sick it made him to "waste" a needle on such a tiny little thing :D :D :D

It's pretty faded now after 18 years and 5 pregnancies. Even though I don't mind my tattoo I'll probably never ever get another cause I still remember that stinging burning feeling and that "phase" of my life is over!!!! :D

You can see it here in these pictures....I'm so freckly that it just actually looks like a really big freckle!!! :D :D :D

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...kies-2-web.jpg

Here is a better picture of mine!!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...-09-13-005.jpg

Kiki 02-28-2010 09:38 AM

If they came up with a painfree method, I'd be so there.

FireWolf 02-28-2010 09:55 AM

I have 1 that is actually two put together on my ankle of a Dolphin jumping out of a wave with a seashell band around.

I want two more, one of my little special needs kitty we lost a few years ago and I want a bat across my loser back...the bat represents my DF.

DF got his first tattoo a few years ago to represent me...any guesses on what that would be...A wolf of course, howling at the moon on his upper arm.

Zoe Pearn 02-28-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

That's pretty Traci! I'm too scared to have a tattoo (needle-phobic) but I would love to get one some day. I want something about the size of that one, but starting on my hip and coming around to the front, kind of over my rib cabe stopping under my miniscule boobs - LOL! Something with birds. Like the old school bluebirds, maybe a scroll with a message. I love those.

Of course I want a mega tattoo as my first one - I don't do things by halves - LOL! And that's probably why I'll never end up getting one :p

I do/did have a pierced belly button though. But it's closed up now since I had Josh - I took it out when I found out I was pregnant as I saw the scars they can leave if you leave them in - ouch!!

lovely1m 02-28-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe Pearn (Post 617574)

Of course I want a mega tattoo as my first one - I don't do things by halves - LOL! And that's probably why I'll never end up getting one :p

And not only a mega tattoo, but a tattoo on a super painful area! lol

mlrw70 02-28-2010 01:26 PM

I have 3. A flower on my lower back, a butterfly on my side and a four-leaf clover with a ladybug right on the front of my hip. And I agree with NeeNee, the tattoo on my back hurt more than I ever anticipated :blink:

kristine 02-28-2010 01:42 PM

I don't have one, I wanted to get one on my belly when I was younger, but never did. I'm glad now, as my belly isn't what it was and it would probably look really stupid now! My SO has one, I hate it as it is really ugly - it is of death (random, much?) on his arm and it's quite big. He got it when he was about 16.

4noisyboys 02-28-2010 01:44 PM

nah...none for me. Reason #1 is that I could never decide on a design. What I like today might not be true next year. kwim? I just don't have anything that would be that important...other than my kids' names.

Reason #2...dh said he's divorce me if I ever got one. (I don't think he really would...he just hates them though and wanted to make sure I didn't)

and last but not least: I don't like pain.

so....there will be no ink.

kscwgirl 02-28-2010 02:21 PM

I want one. I have ALWAYS wanted one. 2 dolphins jumping out of waves forming a heart shape. I'm too chicken to actually get one though. Terrified of needles.

Jeff has a lot of tattoos. Both arms, his calf, his back. He wants a spinal tap next.

livelys 02-28-2010 02:23 PM

I'm too chicken, I change my mind too often and I do kind of worry about how they'll look when I'm 60, 70....

Plus, I aim to lose weight some decade or other, and wouldn't want to be left with a floppy, baggy-looking tat (if you know what I mean).