Thread: Feeding babies
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I'm considering trying Baby Led Weaning. I'm reading the book now, and it advocates skipping the purees and giving them food they can put in their mouths by themselves. The author says that babies don't need food outside of milk until about 9 months, so at about 6 months (or whenever they start reaching for food, like Ariana is now, sob) give them big pieces of food, like carrot sticks or a chicken bone, that they can experiement with trying to get it in their mouths and gumming it.

John & Sherry of Young House Love wrote about their experience with it here, and I first read about it at [url=http://www.simplebites.net/how-i-discovered-and-embraced-baby-led-weaningfeeding-blw]Simple Bites.
This is what we're doing, and I LOVE IT!!! I can not say enough good things about this process. I was totally going to make my own purees and all that jazz, and then I heard about BLW and I threw it all out the proverbial window.
Callen loves it too. I don't do 3 squares meals with him, but he gets at least 1 BLW meal a day, sometimes 2 depending on when his naps fall and when I eat myself. He's almost 8 months (WHAT?!) and is still mostly just sucking on things, but I don't think it'll be long before he's really and truly chewing and eating. I love how easy it is, and that we can go out to eat and he can have some of whatever it is that we're having. It makes it so simple, and it just makes sense to me.