View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 10:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm just going to say that after homeschooling for the past 6+ years, I hate that I enrolled them in the local public school when we moved in January. Not that there is anything wrong with the public school or any school. I just miss being the one who helped my children with their education and to be able to spend more time with them throughout the day. Now that they've been in school for the past 8 weeks, I hardly get to see them, they always have homework that keep them busy until bedtime, they don't want to spend time with me because when they do get free time they want downtime-alone time. I miss the days when I homeschooled my children.

I have always enjoyed reading everyone's homeschool posts. Today as I sat down and read the posts, I just realized how much I miss homeschooling the children. even with you all talking about your kids wanting to go to school!! My children always bounced back and forth from wanting to go to school to staying homeschooled. But as time got closer to them really wanting to start school, they always (and quite quickly) backed down saying they enjoyed being homeschooled! I also didn't say the above to discourage you about putting your child in the school system. It's a big decision, one I never fully understood until the first day I put them on the bus!