Thread: Chores...
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
J has to take out the trash, when it's full... unload and load the dishwasher... clean off the table after dinner. If he wants to play on the ipad, he has to be doing laundry at the same time. My girlfriends told me that I was mean to make him do laundry while playing on the iPad... J has been helping with the laundry since he was 6... he doesn't mind doing it.

Now, getting him to straighten up his room and put away his toys... that is another story...
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
Throw in dusting, too. My kids dust their own rooms and sometimes baseboards. My 12 year old vacuums - the younger two have difficulty handling the vacuum.

I don't like them to put their laundry away (because I want it to stay folded nice), but they have to bring it downstairs and sort it before I wash it.

Cleaning windows/mirrors is also a fairly easy thing for kids to do.

Does he already make his bed in the morning?
The trash is a good one and helping with the laundry too... no he doesn't make his bed currently.

We recently just moved and he doesn't have a bed frame yet... just mattress on the floor lol so I haven't focused on that much.

Getting him to clean his room used to be tough, but now that my boyfriend is around he tends to do whatever he says lol...