View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just did Disney in February, stayed a week, but off property in a condo. Did Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Universal, & Islands of Adventure. Skipped Epcot & HS because of all the construction.

Universal IMO is super outdated. The Diagon Alley stuff is cool, but personally, I could have skipped that park. We did really like the Simpsons area too, but, my kids don't watch it, so they didn't really "get it". Islands of Adventure is the better of those two parks, but if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express, you have to have a park hopper.

I've never been to Disneyland (want to), and I've never been able to stay on property at Disney.

My thoughts would be this, are you that big of a Harry Potter fan to go to Universal? Do you like the other attractions there? Because, There is just so much to do and see in WDW, that would be an easy choice for me. I also grew up in Florida, 3 hours away and I never got to visit until I was 18. It was torture!

But, if you've never been to Disneyland, I think there is so much there to see too. That's hard. We've been talking about Disneyland lately, and that's a bucket list thing for me, but we don't have to take the kids there. I just thinking I want to go for the Disney history and being a Disney nerd. LOL!

I don't think I helped at all, other than Universal doesn't impress me, I loved Islands of Adventure and the City Walk in Orlando, we've been twice now to IOA.