View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 03:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do both. There are often things happening in our lives that are indicative of the 'right now' or might be interesting to look back on later (how often the kids get their hair cut, what the grocery store looks like, etc.) that don't need an entire scrapbook layout. When I'm in a groove, I take enough daily pictures to fill up PL and enough important pictures to do several pages for each month.

My system is not particularly comprehensive: I have weekly folders on my hard drive where I dump the photos from the week. I have a subscription to a PL kit (not at this site) that I dump into these folders as well. I have Momento set up on my iPhone that automatically keeps a record of everything I post to FB and IG so I can bring up whatever has happened that I posted about then if I need a nudge or reminder about it now/when I'm journaling. I mostly use Momento to keep track of my Countdown to Christmas stories because those never get all scrapped in December but it's useful for other projects, too.

The only separate albums I make are for vacations and Countdown to Christmas. Otherwise everything I make is thrown into one big chronological album. I don't scrap chronologically but I print chronologically (softcover 8x8s from Shutterfly when they run their quarterly unlimited pages sales).

Last edited by LeeAndra; 11-12-2018 at 04:01 PM.