Thread: Intervention
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 03:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Intervention

I hope it's okay that I share something personal with my scrappy friends here.

The past few days have been very emotional for me (no different than so many others). During my morning prayers today, I asked God for peace, something that I really have failed to do since this whole Covid stuff started. As my prayers went on, I praised Him for my mom, who really instilled a sense of deep faith in my from an early age.

After praying, I acknowledged to myself that I haven't been very good about reading devotions on a daily basis, so I quickly grabbed a devotional book to sit down with. There was a paper sticking out of the book, I pulled it out and found that it was devotional clipping that my mom had cut out many years ago. I surely don't remember reading it before, nor do I remember sticking it inside of the devotional book ... however; I am convinced that these kinds of things do not happen by coincidence!

The message on the clipping mom had saved all of those years ago truly hit me in my heart. It was the first time in days that I didn't have the sense of dread I've been walking around with!