View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 07:33 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I pitched mine once I looked at the scans and was OK with how they looked.

I had sent negatives out to be scanned 8 years ago. First set was good so sent a 2nd set... same company but got crap scans (all green tint, no color correction at all). So I sent those same negatives to a different company. No green tint and pretty good scans only some of the negatives were scanned twice and some weren't scanned at all.

Fast forward several years and after I retired I got a negative scanner off Amazon. I have now gone through all those negatives to find the ones that were not scanned then scanned them myself. I have also scanned the negatives that I had not sent out to be scanned yet. I transferred the scans from the card to the computer daily and then looked at the scans while getting them organized.

I also scanned some of the negatives that had been scanned by both companies... essentially the same with color correction being the only difference. Honestly, the quality of the negative is what matters. Mine were all from the 60's/70's/80's and the quality of processing in those days may not have been the best. But my scans are good enough to remind me of the memories associated with the photos.

After all was done, out the went since the whole purpose of scanning them was to reduce the clutter in the house.