View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 09:52 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I use sleeves and binders for all of my negatives, as well. I have been scanning and scanning and scanning for the past year it seems! I use an Epson flatbed scanner, and it has done pretty well, at least for my purposes of scrapping. I've had some pages printed using these older images, and I've been pleased with the quality. Even the images from the 110 film (those are SO TINY!) have come out well. I want to have them all scanned, organized, and backed-up. I am planning to keep the physical copies, though, because I know that crazy things can happen and I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. It has been a slow, tedious process, but scrapping these older memories has been such a valuable, rewarding, healing experience for me. I have some more to go, yet, and then I want to tackle some slides from my husband's childhood that my FIL gave me. He lost most of the photos and other memorabilia in a fire a few years ago, so the ones he gave me to scan are pretty darn precious.
I also have my physical photos. They are organized and stored in several bins. If I had all the negatives from over the years I might have kept them but many were already gone.

I also scanned slides that I had been given of my mother's childhood. Her parents had their film developed as slides and we had slide shows every holiday gathering. Just wish my uncle hadn't pitched a lot of them 25 years ago. He at least pulled out slides that had each of the kids in them but all the vacations... all gone. And, some of those were of places that no longer look the same. Historical societies would love to have them.

When I scanned my negatives I actually found some photos that I knew had been taken but could never find the physical copy when I sorted and organized them. I was so darn happy when I found them since they were from high school.