Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 02:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I love reading about your story Lorie. I'm so glad you are a part of SSD and so proud to be on your team.

I don't have a dream job. My dream job for a long was to raise my girls. Be a stay at home mom. Then the pandemic hit and now it's so much harder than it used to be. The girls have become noise monsters and I have lost a whole lot of patience and motivation. I don't know what I want to do anymore. My oldest is going to 1st grade and my middle is going to pre-K. Leonie will be the only one left at home and I need to go back out there and try to make some friends so she can socialize. And I'm still so uncomfortable with all of that.

When she goes to school full time I'd like to take some time for myself. Join a gym maybe.

But as far as job I don't know! I have some ideas but nothing that screams "yay! This is it!". Opening a bakery maybe, or a sandwich or soup shop. I don't know if I have the entrepreneur in me though.
I also like organizing. I could see myself putting books back on the shelves in a library or files in a business. I don't know if that's even a job in itself.
I hate talking on the phone so I want no part of it in my job. And I don't like dealing with people. lol Picky? yes.
Thanks for your sweet words Leah. You are a joy to know and the best editor out there, so I am extremely thankful and happy to have you on the team.

Raising your girls is the most important job you will ever have, but I totally get taking some time for yourself once they are all in school. Being a mom is a very demanding and giving job and doesn't give you a lot of time to explore things just for you.

If you can see yourself working in a library, and money is not a big demand, after the girls go back to school, check out whether the library in your area has a volunteer program. That would get you testing the waters about the job part and get you socializing more too.

For all that I talk and share here, truth is I am better on the computer or in writing because in real life, I am socially awkward. I tend to say what I think, without thinking about what I am saying, which can be uncool, so to avoid doing that, I tend to say very little. There are no backspaces, proof reading or delete in real conversations, and I need all of those. LOL

I think it is okay not to have a dream job or even a clear idea of what you want to do. We are all changing and growing all the time and the future is wide open and full of possibilities. As I get older I am trying to live more in the moment, because I tend to rush through everything, so my advice to you is to just enjoy these moments with the girls! You have plenty of time to write the rest of your story.