View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 07:12 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I've been thinking about the heavy duty cleaning lady every month of so too. I used to have one come every week before my son moved out and my mom passed away, but now that it is just me, I don't need that much done. I was going to do it and then Covid hit so I have not gone ahead with it, but I probably should.

As to dust, I once saw a sign that said that dust is a country accent, and since I am not allergic to it, that is how I view it. LOL
That is why she only comes every 2 months with it just being me in the house. She actually started cleaning this house for my mom in the early 90's and Mom's dying wish for me was to "keep Sharon" because she knew I hated cleaning! She came once a month for mom and I kept her on that schedule for a long time. I had to stop when I had the bathroom and kitchen remodels done and when I started back up, I asked if we could do every other month. Works out great for both of us. FWIW, I do keep both kitchen and bathroom counters clean, wiping them down quite often. And, I squeegee the shower doors after every shower. So she just gives the furniture a good dusting, cleans the bathroom and mops the floors. She can get it done in 3 hours... it would take me 3 weeks to get it done with all the stopping I'd have to do in between each chore!