View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 12:19 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

As someone that hates the darkness at 4:30 at night, I hate standard time. I'm also not a morning person so having all the daylight at that end of the day doesn't work for me.

When I worked at a CPA firm 25 years ago, I went to work in the dark and came home in the dark during the winter. That led to me having depression (stress of the job didn't help either). I needed medication to survive.

After changing jobs where my hours changed and the amount of stress went down, I was able to get off the medications. I still only had about an hour of sunlight when I got off work so the winters were long. Even now that I am retired I still get depressed during the winter although it is mainly the month of December. It just gets too dark too early in the evening.

I've also been changing clocks for too many years to remember so no big deal.

Quote:
A bill unanimously passed the US Senate last week to get rid of daylight savings time in the US and be on daylight savings time all year.

I am in AZ where we do not even do daylight savings, so I am all in favor of getting rid of it everywhere. But, I would prefer standard time as the default rather than daylight savings since that would put AZ where it belongs -- on Mountain time rather than Pacific.

What do you think? Do you want to get rid of daylight savings and changing the clocks twice a year?
This bill is not getting rid of daylight savings, it is to make the whole country unified in all states will be using daylight savings time. So for you in Arizona, you will have to change your clocks that one time and you will still be in Mountain Time Zone.