View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 01:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I love Boise too!

We are in Spokane, WA- just almost to Idaho border. We are about 300 miles east of Seattle & about 90 miles south of the Canadian (British Columbia) border. It is known as the birthplace of Father's Day! Officially, Spokane goes by the nickname of Hooptown USA, due to Spokane annually hosting Spokane Hoopfest, the world's largest basketball tournament every summer. It's the second-largest city in Washington! The cost of living is much better here on the east side as well!

We too have 4 seasons- Pretty Spring, Hot summers, beautiful Fall & Cold/snowy winters- & I am also a kid at heart when it snows! I love having a white Christmas every year (almost...been a couple just really cold ones..) The Spokane River runs right through the downtown Spokane district with a centralized park- Riverfront Park. It's beautiful year round! We have 5 ski mountains withing an hour or so drive & MANY rivers & 76 lakes within 50 miles for tons of outdoor recreation! The most famous is Lake Coeur d'Alene- just a 20 minute drive from our house. We are lucky enough to have family that has a house on the lake, so that's where you'll find us most of the summer! It's honestly one of the most beautiful places on Earth!

We specifically live in Spokane Valley- a smaller city, but feels a lot bigger. Downtown Spokane is 20 minutes from our house & has everything one could need as far as doctors, hospitals, theater, parks & restaurants. We also have highly rated public schools in our district here in Central Valley & a pretty low crime rate.
I visited downtown Spokane last August and was in awe of the beautifully restored buildings. I didn't get to see much else. Hopefully I'll have time to see more when I help my son move up to CDA for the summer again! And, hopefully I'll get to meet you, Amie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
Hands down the best thing about NYC is the FOOD. Every kind of food you can imagine and even more you haven't. I also love that I live somewhere walkable. I rent a car for big road trips, but otherwise, we walk everywhere or take public transport. Not having to rely on a car, the maintenance, insurance, parking, etc. makes life so much easier. I can walk to a bodega and get snacks and there are plenty of markets nearby so I'm able to get everything we need close to home. Being able to walk everywhere helps me stay active and a bit healthier, too. It's a lifestyle I wouldn't trade for anything.
I've heard that about NYC. I'm so not a city person, so I think it would be overwhelming to me. I love that we're all so different, and there is a place for each of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Another die-hard, Ohio-lifer girl here. I'm never leaving. People here moan about the weather, but I love it! Perfect growing season, fun winters with snow, gorgeous falls, spring (well, we do get spring some years, lol. Sometimes it goes straight from winter to summer overnight!) Specifically about my area of Ohio, I have plenty of space around me--lots of woods, farms, fields, etc, and I can be as introverted as I want. When I want people, they're not far away. We have the cutest town square (better than Hallmark, people), an amazing county park system, one of the best library systems in the country, a national park 30 minutes away, Lake Erie beaches, and a million pick-your-own farms. I have this funny little habit when I'm traveling. As soon as we pass back over the Ohio line, I think, "PHew! Now if we get in an accident at least I'll die in Ohio!" I have NO IDEA where that comes from, but every single time, I'm thinking it!
I've noticed the beauty of your area from your layouts, Ally. I'm so happy you love where you are. It sounds idyllic! Someday I'll get to visit. ROFL! Your thought of "at least I'll die in Ohio" is hilarious! ...cradle to grave Ohioan!