Thread: Summer Plans?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 10:21 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like a busy summer with all the house repairing planned.
I so understand about the house being drafty. One of the things we regretted on listening to my FIL was to not replace the windows when we renovated this apartment, before we moved in. Little did we know that it was not properly installed and during winter, it is cold as heck! UGH.
So, we made a mental note to make sure to replace any windows and doors if we ever get a new place.

We had a few plans in our mind for this summer and Lan just could not make up his mind as to which to choose for the longest time. There were local trip to revisit Shanghai, trip to Japan, trip to Bali and meet my parents there or stay put and get my parents to fly here... I was pulling my hair on how much he kept changing his mind, because then, he will leave me with so little time to organise/book things.
However, last night, he made up his mind to just get my parents to fly here for a month, when Michael's holiday starts. Phew! Now, it is time for me to organise things for my parents; buying flight tickets, applying visa, etc.

It is kind of a surprise for us to stay put, since we were kind of eager to have our first vacation as a family of four, but Lan's parents just sold their apartment and are in the middle of the transaction process. In the mean time, they are looking for another apartment to buy and they may end up buying a 3-bedroom apartment, to which for us to live (and then they will live in the current 2-bedroom apartment we are living in), and it that is the case, we will need all the money we save to renovate the place before we move in.

In a way I am excited of the possibility, since Lan and I have been having some thoughts that, at some point, maybe 2-3 years later, we do need a 3-bedroom apartment as the kids grow older. Though I must say that I am kind of surprised at how things evolve this year...