View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 11:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
When I was young, I used to collect thimbles. Pretty ones and memento ones. They were small and easy to display and reminded me of places I'd visited. As I got older, I turned those thimbles upside down and started collecting shot glasses from places I visited. Fairly inexpensive mementos but they took up more space so I eventually stopped collecting those. And went bigger. Lol. I have a rather large collectible Barbie collection as well as several 8" and 16" Madame Alexander dolls and a few Hummels. I bought most of them before I had kids and have only added a select few over the years due to space and $$$. Forever and ever, though, I have collected sterling silver charms, also as mementos or related to interests. They are fairly inexpensive and take up very little space.
My dad has a huge collection of pocket watches and gingerbread clocks (and some tractors) and my mom has a large Santa collection so I guess it's in my DNA.
I don't collect them, but I do love looking at the Barbie aisle at Christmas time and I am always happy when we get a family with a little girl for the holiday so I can buy her one. LOL

My mom, again, collected Hummels. My brother asked for them, so he has them all, or not. I wouldn't be surprised if he sold them for the cash. LOL

When I go to Disney, my souvenir is always a charm for my Disney charm braclet. But that is the only charm bracelet I have, so not sure if that makes me a collector.

As I have mentioned a number of times, my mom was a collector or many different things, including santa claus ornaments, so when she passed, I gave things to whoever wanted them just to gain some room and order in my house. I can even park in my garage now. LOL