View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 10:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I like "set" challenges:
Template challenge (SSD provides one to use)
Recipe challenge
Scraplift challenge
color challenge
inspiration challenge
etc

Giving us a little more control of what "theme" we want or need to scrap. Sometimes I find myself "stretching" a layout to fit the theme of a challenge, where if we had a little more freedom, but still guidelines, it may be easier to get more layouts done each month.

I am currently trying to finish my Disney Cruise and Universal Studios album. None of that fits in with themes that focus more around the season or holiday that we are currently in.

I do enjoy the challenges, some months are easier than others based on life in general!
I love the idea of the This or That Challenges, especially having 2 options and inspiration layouts for each challenge. But like Dawn, I'd love to see more challenges that offer inspiration for how to scrap a page rather than what to scrap. I work on scrapping a 6-month period at a time, and very often my photos don't fit the challenge themes even when I stretch them. In the first month or two that I'm scrapping an album, I have such a big variety of photos that I can usually make the challenges work. After that it gets too hard and I stop doing the challenges. I'd love the see more recipes, challenges that ask us to combine any 2 templates or kits, use specific colors, take inspiration from a source, scraplift, etc. I still do a lot of monthly recap layouts (Project Life pocket pages that have a random assortment of photos, focused either on family or news headlines) and it's rare that I can make them fit the challenges. That said, I feel like the October This and That challenges have a lot more of the kind of challenges I like, so I was excited to see them!

Some months I scrap less due to life, work, and other hobbies, so it honestly wouldn't bother me if the challenges stretched across 2 months. Even when I love a set of challenges, I usually only get to a fraction of them within the month they're active.

I appreciate how hard everyone at SSD works to keep us scrapping and engaged!

Last edited by rach3975; 10-12-2023 at 10:52 PM.