View Single Post
Old 12-26-2023, 05:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The kiddos are allowed to get up at 7 am. We do stockings first & then gifts. They take turns opening gifts, and then Hubby & I open ours. We always have coordinating jammies. The stockings and one gift come from Santa and are unwrapped. Everything else is from Hubby & me, and everyone has their own wrapping paper. The kids do get each other a gift as well. My cousin makes the kids a custom ornament each year; this year was a baseball-themed one for my son & a spooky diamond art-themed one for my enby. We write down something we are grateful for on a small slip of paper each night of December and then place it in the wooden manger under the tree so they can be read aloud Christmas morning after gift-opening. I save them in a binder that lives with the living room decorations most of the year.

We don't have breakfast as we head over my parents' at 10 am for more gift opening where my mom has a cookie buffet & homemade Chex Mix to munch on. After gift opening there, we eat lunch & eventually cheesecake.

In previous years, I dropped the kids off at their dad's house after the celebration at my parents' and then Hubby & I would change into comfies and hang out until bedtime. This year, their dad is out of the country visiting his wife's family so we came home from my parents' house, had tacos, and then the kids went off to use their new gifts while Hubby & I played Hallmark Movie Bingo before bed.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 12-26-2023 at 05:29 PM.