View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 12:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Organizing can be tedious and not fun but so worth it in the end. I think I saw you commented on a different post that recommended just doing 15 minutes a day. It's great advice. some time at the start and then staying on top of it will make your life so much easier. I've created a spreadsheet that I update every time I buy something. The first column is the kit name starting with the designers initials, the second column I fill with a color once I've used the kit (I use kits more than once but it makes me 'shop my stash' sometimes if I filter for unused kits), the next column I call 'used often' and fill with a different color, the next column is for theme (I put key words in there like birthday or cooking), the next is colors where I out in like 2 or three main colors and the last I use to indicate if the kit is retired. Then when I want to find a specific kit, I search birthday or blue or scroll down to a certain designer if I know I want to use one of their kits for a challenge. You can make the columns whatever you want but it makes it easy to double check to see if I have something when a designer is having a sale or I need a certain theme. I could go on and on about how I organize but I think once you have your supplies organized, it will make how you scrap and shop faster and less stressful.