View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

In Dec. 2011 I started a project life monthly using paper and the pocket page protectors. I did 2 months and got frustrated. Mostly due to the the way you have to do one page, the same layout is on the back of that page protector. So if I had all landscape pockets for the front side, I would have to do landcape on the backside too. The frustrating part would be that that backside pictures I had would sometimes be all portrait but the pockets were landscape. Does this make any sense?

So for 2013 I am going back to digital, using any template, or no template. Using any color or kit, project life stuff or not. I'm going to focus more on pictures and journaling, keeping things very simple. Not a lot of embellishments. Also I am not going to stick with just 12X12. I love when I see an album that has mixed it up with a 6X12 or and 8X10, 5X7 page protector, etc.

I'm not going to have any set time frames, like daily, weekly, monthly. It is just going to be chronological. Some layouts may be the last 3 weeks or maybe just 1 day.
I just know for myself I can't have "rules" or deadlines or I will dread doing it. I'm going to keep better journaling by using evernote on my phone, tablet or computer to jot down what has been going on throughout the day, week or whatever. And I am going to start taking more everyday type pictures, not just celebrations etc. So that is my plan. You will find as you go along what works best for you. But I think the whole thing behind project life is just doing it and enjoying what you are doing, all while preserving your memories. Good luck!