View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
I sometimes use kits that I bought 3 years ago! Who cares? I've noticed this hobby is, among other things, also about the joy of collecting lovely things. I find that creative people have a tendency to shopaholism, and I decided to embrace this instead of having regrets (and there's always a good thing about the purchases - having supported a designer whose work you admire, hehe). Of course, only as long as I don't do it at the expense of more important things. But I think that's the case of all of us.

And hey! It's Christmas! Let's have fun. :-)))))
Bonus: Your digital scrapbooking supplies take up WAY less room than traditional scrapbook supplies, yarn, sewing machines, embroidery floss, gardening tools, and basically any other hobby.

Added bonus: When you buy your digital scrapbooking supplies, you're pretty much guaranteed that your money is going to support the real family of a real artist. I was pretty dismayed to read in the New York Times this week about how Christmas ornaments are being made in sweat shops, and I'm just glad that digital scrapbooking is guilt-free as far as that goes! (Plus, you can make your own hybrid ornaments with your supplies, so hey!)