View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
People probably call me way over protective... but if Jake is sick, even if just starting a cold... the house goes into lock down. He goes no where... I don't want him getting anyone else sick and I especially don't want him to get sicker! If he has a fever, I for sure wouldn't leave the house... plus he would be miserable, so why would he want to go out and play with his friends.

I haven't called ahead to ask if anyone is sick... I pretty much expect that during the high time of colds, someone is sick at his classes, so I try to help migrate it with hand washing, vitamins, lots of water and rest... I know I can't keep him away from everything (plus it's needed to pump up his immune system)... however if I know he is sick or I know someone else is sick, we stay home... as I mentioned, many parents think I'm way over protective...
This is me too . . I get really annoyed if kids are really sick and still sent to school; though I realise this is a little unfair as some ppl cant stay home with the kiddies . . I am lucky that either my hubby or myself can be home if the kids are sick. My daughter is asthmatic so colds really knock her around. If they're sick or they've had a rough night, they stay home.

Same goes for head lice - for goodness sake treat the poor kid before sending back to school!!!!!!!!!!! The money we've spent on head lice stuff is ridiculous; head lice LOVE our climate and it seems that so many ppl just dont worry about trying to control head lice . . our kids are now done so regularly its just part of normal routine (we dont use chemical anymore, natural methods are cheaper and less yukky and work just as well)

sorry . . rant over!

Donna